cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spy camera

HomeSecurity

Spy camera

Is there a way to access router event logs to identify spy cams connected to my home WiFi? I recently upgraded router but this would have happened on my old Plusnet router (still have it but unplugged). Plusnet are not able to help with this/cannot provide a list of devices connected to my home router within specified timeframes last year.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Spy camera

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tags (1)
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@HomeSecurity 

Assuming that your updated router is a Plusnet Hub 2 then you can see what devices are, or have been, connected to your hub by logging in to it using this link: http://192.168.1.254/home.htm and selecting the My Network tab. Devices are identified by their MAC address only unless they are identified in the individual device settings.

You can see when devices were connected/disconnected by selecting the hub Advanced Settings, entering your Hub Admin password and selecting Technical Log/Event Log.

It sounds like for peace of mind you need to change both the Hub's Admin and Wireless passwords. The Admin password can be changed on the Hub Advanced Settings/System page and the Wireless on the Advanced Settings/Wireless page.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tags (1)
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@HomeSecurity 

are you suggesting someone has connected a spy camera to you network without your knowledge?

What was your last hub? 

If it was a Hub One the log file location, navigate from the Home Page >Troubleshooting >Event log

Is is possible to filter the log view to by changing the category to Wifi or DHCP, you may need to know the MAC (hardware address) of the camera to find it.

I suggest you connect a wired device to the Hub before you start and turn off wireless.

Come back if you need further help

Dan

Tags (1)
paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Assuming the "spycam" connects via Wifi, then changing your wifi password will stop it from connecting.

Tags (1)