cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to screwfix.com (dns issue)

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Unable to connect to screwfix.com (dns issue)

@paul_edwin - yep, happy to make the change on the router. Just drop me a private message containing their username.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

OHIODAN
Hooked

Received this just now from Screwfix:

Further to our previous correspondence.

Our IT Team have advised that, after further investigations, they have identified that the reported issue happens for customers who have certain models of broadband routers that have been provided by their ISP, that have recently had a firmware update.

They are working hard to make a change to our own website that will stop this issue from happening on these routers and expect to have a fix implementation in place early next week.

In the meantime, please rest assured that screwfix.com is available on mobile phones or you can use our app via a 3G/4G/%G connection (please disconnect from your home wifi in order to use this connection on your phone)

Once again, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused.  You are a valued customer and we greatly appreciate your patience.

Kind regards

Jolene Ibbotson 
Customer Resolution

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@OHIODAN - thanks for sharing, that's good to know. For clarity, we haven't recently updated the firmware on the Hub One. The behaviour is something that's been inherent from the beginning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

peter53

@bobpullenthanks for your work here.  Is the HubTwo router affected by this issue?  I'm asking because I'm due to renew early next year and would like to know if I should ask for a new router.  Also, is the same router used for FTTP?  If not, same question regarding that router.

Dalton07

Good afternoon 

Posting on behalf of Kingfisher Group Technology and Screwfix. We have carried out a change that we believe should help with this issue. It would be great to get feedback in this forum to confirm. Thanks 

OHIODAN
Hooked

Yes! I received a call from Screwfix to ask me to test logging on to the Screwfix site and I can now confirm all is working perfectly. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to get it fixed.

alitster
Dabbler

@Dalton07 looks good to me Thumbs_Up  the number of DNS records returned has been reduced which prevents the issue with the PlusNet router. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Dalton07 - thanks for stopping by/getting involved 🙂

@peter53 wrote:

@bobpullen - Is the HubTwo router affected by this issue? Also, is the same router used for FTTP?  If not, same question regarding that router.

I don't believe so and yes, it's a Hub Two that we ship to FTTP customers.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

questuk01

I can now access Screwfix 😁

confusedasasnak
Hooked

I can confirm that screwfix.com is now accessible but my router is a homehub 5A on an ancient firmware so that is a bit of a red herring from Kingfisher IT.
Thanks to everyone involved