Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585 v7 login & configuration

FIXED
saintfieldtown

Thomson TG585 v7 login & configuration

Hi all

I'm a long time customer of PlusNet with a standard BB connection. I've used a number of routers which I manually configured. Currently I'm using an old BT Voyager 2091 which is a bit shaky and I'd like to replace.

My Mother in law moved to BT around six months ago, her Thomson TG585 v7 was working fine up until her transfer and I thought there would be standard PlusNet configuration within and wouldn't require any setup if used with my connection. However all lights go solid green ok except for 'Internet' and there is no connection.

There were no stickers on the bottom of the router, however hand written was the following.

IP: 192.168.1.254

Username: admin

Password: PC08252CCFM (Not actual password but similar)

Wireless Key: A9C1DE1F08 (Not actual key but similar)

Hooking up with an ethernet cable and using the IP address above I'm asked to login with a username and password. However these are rejected. I've tried hard resetting with the switch on the back but hasn't helped.

Any ideas how I can access and configure for my account?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
saintfieldtown

Re: Thomson TG585 v7 login & configuration

After posting I thought to connect via wireless, after entering the wireless key I was greeted by the same request to enter a username and password which were rejected again. That's me out of ideas now! 

saintfieldtown

Quick bump, can anyone help?

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Fix

Does this help https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Password-protection-for-TG585-v7/td-p/623598 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

saintfieldtown

You Sir are a star Thumbs_Up

Pretty basic mistake on my part. As above there were 4 lines of info hand written on the bottom of router with fine marker pen that included the password. I didn't notice that the hand written password was the same as the serial number (On a sticker) However upon checking whoever done it mistook a letter 'S' for a digit '5'

Username = admin

Password = Serial number (Less brackets and letters within at the end)

Been changed to my account details now and I'll try it this evening Smiley

Thanks again.