Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BTHomeHub 6 is Dead, Long Live the Hub One

FIXED
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The BTHomeHub 6 is Dead, Long Live the Hub One

My good old BT homeHub 6 stopped working overnight. The light was orange. I thought it was a problem for Openreach to solve but I swapped it with the Hub One I got when I moved to PlusNet  fibre in early 2020 and I was back online as a result.

I now have a dilemma. should I stick with the Hub One or get an Ebay HomeHub 6.There seem to be some issues with the HubOne reported here as evidenced by the pinned post about 5GHz wifi but that runs to 2868 replies so it's a little hard to figure out what the best practice is with the Hub One. Is there a handy summary anywhere on the do's and don'ts please.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: The BTHomeHub 6 is Dead, Long Live the Hub One

Go for the HH6 on ebay or Gumtree, best value ever at £5-£15. I keep the Hub One just in case. Plenty of setup info on this forum.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Fix

@the_groundsman 

Chances are that all that's happened with the Smarthub is that it's lost your log in credentials, they can do this if there's a glitch on the line. Plug it back in and check. If it's returned to the BT default then all that you have to do is leave the DSL cable out, re-enter your Plusnet username followed by @plusdsl.net and your password as you did originally, then plug in the DSL cable.

There is a firmware update for the Hub One as per the topic you are referring to but at the end of the day the Hub One is a rejigged Home Hub 5 and the Smarthub its successor, with better wireless performance.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

the_groundsman
Rising Star

Thanks both 

Will definitely have a look at my old HomeHub 6 next week  to see if its possible to get it going again. If not I'll go onto Ebay and pick up a new one. Thanks

TBF the Hub One seems to holding up OK at the moment

the_groundsman
Rising Star

@Baldrick1  Thanks for pointing out that my credentials might have been wiped. That was exactly the issue. Really appreciate all you do to help the BTHub users here.