cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

@Robin3 wrote:

It goes to prove you should not believe everything you read! 

In this case it depends on if you're comparing eggs with eggs. I can accept that a Hub One is comparable, but not the single band Hub Zero for the majority of users.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Robin3
Hooked

Re: Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

I understood the Hub Zero was for ADSL and the Hub One is for Fibre.

So the Hub One is comparable to the HG633. 

I had read the wifi range on the Hub One was not very good and the security settings on the HG633 were much better.

As far as I can see the wifi range is comparable. Have you any information about how the two compare security wise?  

Baldrick1

The HG633 and Hub One both work on both ADSL and VDSL. The Hub Zero is ADSL only. So both a Hub Zero and HG633 can be used on ADSL with the latter being much more capable wifi wise.

In terms of security I would expect no difference but do not know, I use a BT Smarthub 6 which has gigabyte Ethernet and far better wifi performance. What are your security concerns?

If you want a wifi comparison between the Hub One and HG633 then this may be of nterest: https://www.businessdirect.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/c6nx/bt_smart_hub_test_report.pdf. I understand that the Talktalk super router is the HG633. 

Moderator and Customer

Robin3
Hooked

Thanks for your reply and the BT link.

At the moment I have no problem with the Hub One wifi so although it might not be the best it's good enough for me.

I have read that most ISP's routers have security flaws but that might be a ruse to get people to buy the expensive models.

Is changing the SSID and passwords together with disabling WPS enough for the Hub One? 

Baldrick1

You can change the SSID if you wish but it will do nothing security wise. Again the passwords these days are unique to the router, but you can change them if it so pleases you, few bother. If you have an old router that uses say 'password' as the password then that's a different matter.

Moderator and Customer

petethefeet
Dabbler

hi got a talktalk router 633 logged in the pictures 1 and 2 dont come up so how can i change admid from talktalk to plus dsl.net

petethefeet
Dabbler

Hi I have talk talk 633 router how can I change isp and password from talk talk to plus net  not very it savvy so explanation as to be simple and clear .. Thank you....  petethefeet

Arkadian

I have tried what @colleen1985 said and, to my astonishment, it worked straight away. Thanks @colleen1985, now I can use again my wireless printer Cheesy

Just one clarification... where you read "internet account" you should enter the username you use to access your "member Center":

https://www.plus.net/index_nlp.html

say your username is "harry", then you enter harry@plusnet.net

The "internet password" is again the one you use to access the "Member Center".

I know it has been explained elsewhere, but I thought I would reiterate the concept.