cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

colleen1985

Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

Hi everybody, after suffering way to much drop outs on my pancreas vdsl box, (losing dsl sync) and not having another router at hand i had a quick look online if there was any reference on how to setup the config, but sadly there was not, only a member of plusnet staff saying that it was not possible,

Well i thought lets have a go, and sure enough i have sorted it out with a simple config,,,, Please see my attached pictures, just perform a factory reset on your modem, plus in the vdsl cable directly to the hg 633 ( or others) and for the 633 it will auto detect VDSL mode and get you into he right ball park.

You will also notice that your line stats will now confirm that you are connected, so we are very close to obtaining a Internet connection and getting that Internet light from red to green.

Simply follow the pictures attached And your good to go. These will need to be updated by plusnet staff for assisting TALK TALK members Smiley after all the HG 633 supports 5ghz, and when i left talktalk i gave up the 5 ghz a/c to a 2.4 ghz overloaded airwave, and also a dual openreach vdsl box and router 😕
Whereby we are packed in the bands and we all suffer wifi drop outs when routers decided to switch channel Wink

Anyways these are your settings members, feel free to help rank this page up on the site and let staff know that there is a simple setup for the HG 633, others quite possibly.

Staff sticky this post please to help members out

Please note that the username XXXXXXXX@plusdsl.net is given to you by the staff here in your account page, or you can phone up support and get it Smiley Your password is the same as what you use to login here Smiley
Peace

37 REPLIES 37
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

Can you confirm that these settings are ok for PN TV?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

@colleen1985

Thank you for documenting the setup.

Just one little correction.

The password for the PPPoE/PPPoA is not the same one used to log onto the forums. There are 2 completely unrelated systems. The password you need is the one used to log into the Plusnet Member Centre at https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Portishead200
Grafter

Does this work for normal broadband also???
geekofbroadband
Grafter

Last time I used to HG633 the wireless was broken capping out around 30Mbs, also the LAN's are only 100Mbs. But the modem side was stable Smiley

colleen1985

Yes good point on that one lol, but sure the settings posted work fine for vdsl Smiley adsl+ I dont have so i cannot say, Nor for tv i cannot say, but for vdsl, as there was no other post online that would offer this i had to share, Smiley

Thanks

Portishead200
Grafter

I can confirm it works with plusnet user names ....

Fab.
colleen1985

Thanks for updating the info for everybody Smiley

Yes i was ment to say that its your plusnet account login username but my bad lol i used it on both Tongue

Thanks for the help everybody now anybody who moves from talktalk to plusnet will be able to do this and get online a lot easier Smiley

petethefeet
Dabbler

can you help trying to set up talk talk hg633 router for plusnet ,but it wont let me .i connect everything up ok ,open browser log in page opens .it says uesername admin,password enter the one on the router ,click log in ....it says wrong password or username 'tryed password in capitals and small letters but still get the same answer can any body tell me what i am doing wrong has i am at a complete loss with it ..........thank you ...petethefeet

petethefeet
Dabbler

hi i have a hg633 talk talk router finding it hard to set it up i connect everything up ok open my browser log in page comes up says username admin password enter the one on back of router ,it says wrong password or username ,ie wont let me in to change details to plusnet ,what am i doing wrong ....been told hg633 will work on plusnet ....thanks ..petethefeet

petethefeet
Dabbler

how do you put in plusnet user name my hg633 router wont let me in to change settings ,any help would be great ,thanks ......petethefeet

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sounds like someone has changed the admin password for the router, have you tried a 'factory reset' ? that should reset it to the default as printed on the back of the router

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petethefeet
Dabbler

Hi have done a factory reset 3 times ,still same outcome

KaneWilliams

I have not tried this yet (going to try when I get home from work) but I think you are meant to put in the Username and password you use to sign in to your Plusnet account, not what is written on the router. I think that is what others have stated.

KaneWilliams

I can't get it to work. As you can see from the screen grab, my router is disconnected, so I can't even input the top parts of your info such as the WAN IP address or PPPoE AC-Name etc. At first try, it was saying "connecting" but it just hung in that state for ages, then when I tried again (after another factory reset) it simply said "disconnected". My Plusnet router is on it's way anyway, but would have been useful to have used this whilst I waited (they forgot to send me a router).