Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Cable Router

marc2
Grafter

TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Cable Router

hi

i have this router added to my plusnet router so presumably a bridge as have multiple connections, plusnet wifi and 2 tp wifi connections.

I believe i can remove the plusnet router and just use this connected to the bt hub

do i just disconnect plusnet and connect the TP to the BT hub and then reset and setup?

setup through the tp app?

i was advised to just setup and use this:

Broadband username or login name: yourusername@plusdsl.net - the name i used to login here?
Connection type or encapsulation: PPPoE Always On
Password: The password you use to log in to the Member Centre
VLAN: Active
VLAN ID (802.1q): 101
VLAN ID (802.1p): 0

i was also advised that best to have the 2.4 and 5ghz network as the same name so devices easily switch between. 

make sense?

i appreciate any assistance

once done i will have to then delete all my wifi bulbs and resetup but this shouldn't be an issue i think

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Cable Router

Hi @marc2 

The above info which was provided should get you set up on a 3rd party router. 

i was advised to just setup and use this:

Broadband username or login name: yourusername@plusdsl.net - the name i used to login here?

That's the one yes. 

i was also advised that best to have the 2.4 and 5ghz network as the same name so devices easily switch between. 

make sense?

This is completely up to you - give it a go both ways and see which works bets for you. 

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

MoR

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Not quite sure what you are referring to as the BT hub ? If you mean one of the Openreach moderns ( the hg612 or ECI  versions)  then you don't want to enable VLAN ID on the tp link as the OR modems handle it themselvrs

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

marc2
Grafter

yes that probably what i mean the bt openreach fibre modem, ill check its model later

ty

mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

You need to set the VLAN as inactive on the TP Link Router, the Openreach modem adds the VLAN tags on the DSL connection and will strip off any VLAN tags on its LAN1 port. Connect the LAN1 on the Openreach modem to the WAN port on the TP Link Router.

I've got a similar setup with a TP-Link AC1350 that works fine. You still need to setup PPoE with the plusnet username and password on the TP link router.