Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting drop outs on my wifi

FIXED
Mawdsc
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Still getting drop outs on my wifi

Hi. I've been on here about this before and after splitting my 2.4 and 5 GHz signals things improved initially for a few weeks. Now the gremlins are back and I note the reset button on my router has no effect and i end up pulling the power lead out. Is my router part of the problem
10 REPLIES 10
Crash317

Re: Still getting drop outs on my wifi

I have this same problem, Im in the process of buying my own router with better wi-fi coverage. You shouldn`t have to go out and buy your own equipment, it should be fool proof the router you get provided. Another option is to select your own channels in the member login of your actual router, its normally set to auto connect so i picks a channel randomly. I had a BT engineer out and he did this, it didn`t make a [-Censored-]e of difference. Hope this helps alittle. Will post again once i have swapped over router and set it up and will check to see if coverage is improved.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Mawdsc

I'm sorry to see you're still having wireless issues.

Based on what you've said I've arranged to send you a new router now you should receive within 3 to 5 working days.

Let us know how it goes once you've got it. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mawdsc
Dabbler

Got the new router and my devices connect to it but no Internet available.  This is worse than before

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Mawdsc 

Try this:

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t try to connect then select Connect (again you may need to look through the pages to find it).

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Mawdsc,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing further connection drops. I've taken a look over the account today and I can see that though the connection dropped a few times earlier today, it now seems to have stabilized. Testing the line hasn't picked up any underlying faults and the settings @Baldrick1 had suggested are already in place. The physical connection drops we saw earlier seem to be a bit of an anomaly looking back over the RADIUS graph for your line, so it may be worth giving it a few more days to see if any problems return. If they do, just give us another shout in this thread and we'll be more than happy to pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Please buy a Cheap BT hub 6 from ebay and follow steps by baldrick on forum for setup. This will remove all your issues, believe me it'll save you time & headache. I had exactly the same issues and listened to others advice to buy bt6. Their only £10-20 and are solid.

Mawdsc
Dabbler

Dropped out again this morning. Still on the old router as I can get anything out of the replacement. I will plug it in again later today and have another go but I'm starting to think a non Plusnet router is the way forward.
Mawdsc
Dabbler

Fix

New router has gone in OK this time and speed checker reports 65mb download speed whereas I was getting 45mb on the old one. I will close this thread now and see how we get on now w all seem to be connected  up

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Glad to hear the ne router appears to have got things sorted @Mawdsc

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further issues with your service and we'll be happy to get them looked into. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds