cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of the .289 Hub One firmware rollout?

FIXED
grahamt
Rising Star

Status of the .289 Hub One firmware rollout?

What's the status of the mass rollout of firmware v ...289 for the Hub One?

Should all/most users have received the update by now, or is a good proportion of the rollout still to be completed? I did hear that the rollout had stalled, but that was some time ago. Has it fully restarted?

I'm not counting those users who might have been missed because their router has dropped off the management platform - just the main rollout.

I'm partly asking for a neighbour (I've already had .289 pushed to me). He was still on v ....263 last time I asked him. He hasn't complained about 5GHz problems so the update may not be urgent for him, but if he hasn't got the update yet should he just be patient or should he be asking to have the update pushed to him?

8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Status of the .289 Hub One firmware rollout?

Judging from this post https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1838705/highlight/true#M29266 it should hopefully be soon Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

@grahamt wrote:

What's the status of the mass rollout of firmware v ...289 for the Hub One?

Should all/most users have received the update by now, or is a good proportion of the rollout still to be completed? I did hear that the rollout had stalled, but that was some time ago. Has it fully restarted?

It resumed on Monday, with 6-figure volumes updated this week - and all being well - every week thereafter until we're done.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@bobpullen 

Thanks for the update.

What is the criteria used for the firmware update

Serial number range or MAC address range or both or something else.

The reason I ask is how would I know when I should have received the update?

Dan.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Dan_the_Van the policies will target a volume of devices based solely on the version they are currently running.

They are not targeted sequentially using serial number or anything like that.

The build version and last update time in the footer of the Hub Manager at http://192.168.1.254 will update once your device has been targeted. The build being deployed ends 289.1.3

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks (especially to Bob) for those replies, and apologies for not responding sooner. I've been away.

I'll let my neighbour know the rollout has resumed and will ask him to check his firmware version from time to time.

bluejeans

My router currently says:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 04/09/21

Will it get updated eventually or has it been missed?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @bluejeans and welcome to our Community Forums.

Potentially. I've re-added your router into the hardware management platform now. Could you factory reset the router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds until the light along the front goes green? You should then hopefully see the latest firmware within 24 to 48 hours.

I say potentially, because I know that routers running a firmware older than 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 can't be upgraded to the latest version, so the only option is to send out a new router if you need the latest firmware. 

If @bobpullen is around Wink he'll know if the firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 is older or newer. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gandalf the router builds are in chronological order, so .263 is newer.

The reason OP's hub won't have updated will likely be because it's lost contact with the management platform.

The steps you've taken/suggested should fix it 👍

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team