Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router upgrade

FIXED
Skoosh
Dabbler

Router upgrade

I've been a customer of plusnet for several years but the router I was sent originally isn't too great tbh (sagecom 2704N). Fibre isn't available in my area so my question is ; Can I still request a router upgrade to the smarthub 2 being a dsl unlimited broadband customer?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Router upgrade

Fix

@Skoosh 

If you request a new hub when you recontract  on ADSL you will be sent a Hub One.
If you go on to an auction site you can pick up a BT Smarthub or Smarthub 2 for peanuts. These have the same wireless performance as a Plusnet  Hub 2.

These have to be manually configured to work on a Plusnet service. Instructions are pinned to the top of this board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Skoosh
Dabbler

Thanks Baldrick, that seems like the way to go. Is there a particular model number to search for regarding the BT smart hub 2 that works best for adsl or will they all do the same job?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

They all work on ADSL. If I’m honest my favourite is the Business version of the original Smarthub, but they are getting a bit long in the tooth now. The reason being that with these you can separate the 2.4 and 5GHz bands and use your own choice of DNS resolvers. However any Smarthub 2 should do the job for you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi @Baldrick1 

Sorry to butt in this conversation but can you confirm that with Smarthub 2 you can't seperate 2.4 and 5GHz like on the Hub One?

I was going to buy a Hub 2 from ebay just now when I found your message.

I prefer to seperate them.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @mexicano,

Just to confirm, on the Plusnet Hub Two, splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies is not supported. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team