cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connected to broadband but I can't log in

FIXED
Dorrato

Router connected to broadband but I can't log in

My internet cut out for 10 minutes. After a reset, I've got a solid blue bar and my phone tells me that I'm connected to the router but that I need to sign in.
I follow the link and I'm now on the plus net hub. At this stage I am stuck as it's showing my account name as setup@plusdsl.net which is incorrect. I can't see a way to change this to the correct account name. Has anyone had this issue before or know how I may remedy this issue?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dorrato

Re: Router connected to broadband but I can't log in

Apologies, the account that's signed into the hub is actually setup@plisdsl.net
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Router connected to broadband but I can't log in

Fix

What to do in these circumstances.

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.