cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Orange Light, cannot connect

nickcasban

Router Orange Light, cannot connect

Heya so first off I have a hearing impairment and anxiety issues, so calling is a problem for me so il see if putting my issue here helps Smiley

Basically as in the title the orange things come on and I have no Internet connection, I see no issues in the hub log in page, iv reset it a good few times and am now completely lost on what to do, it's times like these that show how much we rely on Internet because I feel like I may aswell be sat in a dark room in silence 😂

Please help me

Nick
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router Orange Light, cannot connect

Welcome to the forums, @nickcasban . If you can follow the guide below, other Community members may be able to help.

Please provide the information requested below:

The results from BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if possible - please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab on your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

Post back if you require any help.

John
nickcasban

Thank you for your advice, though I haven't got a land-line phone plugged in, never have, and I have no idea what my land-line phone number is as a result of that. Also I should point out I'm completely useless at anything like this my mind and options are exhausted after turning it off and on again and I don't really understand alot of the techniqual jargon 😭

Thank you
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Welcome to the forums @nickcasban 

If you can get a cheapo corded phone it'll help. The 17070 test will say something like "BT Diagnostics .. circuit (then your phone number) .. press 1 for ringback, 2 for quiet line".

So then it is worth getting your landline number from that before you report a fault. With a cheapo corded phone you could just ring someone and ask for what number is on their phone or a 1471 on a landline.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

In that case, and I'm very sorry to say this, there really isn't much I can suggest. Without some information to work on, there is very little we as a Community to do to help.

Hopefully, either today or tomorrow, a Plusnet Help Team member will see this topic and be able to run some remote tests and be able to advise you.

As advised by @Alex , a cheap corded phone is an essential diagnostics tool with a internet connection - if the phone side of the circuit has a problem, then your broadband will suffer, although it may not be what is causing your issues.

As a point of interest your phone number is on your account.

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Yep thanks @jab1 forgot to mention that if the OP signs into their account via the portal then their phone number will be visible.

So go here: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

Your username and password. Then next:

Manage Account->View/Edit Account. Under 'telephone' it will have your landline number.

Just tried it on my sisters account which works and comes up with her landline number.

Alex
Community Veteran

Also forgot to mention 🙂 That if your mobile and network support data tethering then that will help you out for a working internet until your problem is fixed.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@nickcasban 

When you say that you have reset it, what do you mean?

To fully reset the hub you need to push a paperclip or similar in the reset hole and keep the switch closed for about 30 seconds. It will then take about 10 minutes to set itself up again. If that doesn't work then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @nickcasban and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your broadband had stopped working. 

Looks like there was a major service outage affecting your connection which was resolved last night.

Can you get online now? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet