cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Hub two

chris30

Request for Hub two

I am a new customer as of a few weeks ago I since reading topics in the forum I see I was only sent a Hub one when new customers should have been sent a Hub two. Can I have a Hub two sent as this thread implies I should have received a Hub two. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/New-Hub2-can-I-obtain-one/td-p/1847007.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Request for Hub two

@chris30  Welcome to the forum.

Presumably you signed up for a fibre service? I suspect that the Hub Ones are still issued to ADSL subscribers.

Plusnet staffers can be thin on the ground at the weekends. An alternative is to ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and ask them for one.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

chris30

Thanks for the reply, It was a fibre package (Unlimited Fibre Extra to be precise), I'll reach out to customer services during the week if this thread doesn't have the desired effect.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @chris30

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. I've just had a look at the account and can see that you actually signed up just before the Hub Two was released, which is why you were sent the Hub One. At the moment, current customers can obtain a Hub Two when re-contracting, and upgrading to FTTC from ADSL.

Aside from that, Hub Two's can be purchased for £99.99 +£6.99 P&P.

Are you having any issues with your Hub One at all?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chris30

My sync speed is only just meeting the minimum guaranteed speed (47.0 vs 47.2) and quite short of the estimated speed (53-71) and I have heard the Hub two has better sync speeds. The modem only mode of the Hub 2 would also allow me to use my USG Pro properly without port forwarding in two places for gaming.

I do notice I was only a customer mere days before this post which surely means they were being sent out before this date and I didn't receive mine until the day connection was active. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub2-as-a-dumb-modem/m-p/1846193

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fair enough @chris30

Though it appears as though you signed up before they were made available by default, on this occasion, I'd be happy to get one processed. I wouldn't be able to waive the £6.99 P&P charge though, which would be added onto your next bill. Would you like to go ahead?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
chris30

Yes please, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks @chris30, I have got this ordered for you. Please allow 3-5 working days for it to reach you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team