cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace my router

Moose86

Replace my router

Hi,
I joined PN in 2019 and still have the same router which is not doing its job anymore, it barely lets me load a simple website like twitter on multiple PCs and both WiFi and ethernet (multiple wires).

Event though I have had a new package for about 6 months which is tied into 24 months to get a cheeper price (which has recently gone up with the price index) I did not receive a new router, so I still have to use the old outdated router from 2019.

Does anyone know if there anyway I can get a new and updated one as I can't seem to find a way to do this?

Thanks
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Replace my router

Suggest you give them a ring, point out that your router seems to be failing, and they might send you one for £7 postage.

Mike

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Moose86 

Have you considered it might be a broadband problem and not your router?

You can use the following to see what you should be getting - https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Then, after logging in, go the the Broanband trouble shooting page in the Help section of the website. Run tests as advised and see what comes up.

Brian

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Moose86 

Line tests are showing signs of an issue that's causing your speeds to have lowered, whilst it may or may not be due to the router I think we should rule that out next, I'm sorry you didn't get offered a new router when you started the new contract by the way as you should have been. 

I've dispatched a replacement that should reach you by the end of the day on Tuesday, please give it a try and do get back to us if there's still a problem after that. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Moose86

Hi Adam,

Thank you for that, it is all set up and I have gone through the troubleshooting, still getting the flashing orange light
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, just to check are you now using the new router I sent out? - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Edwin_john

I have had my router for a number of years and renewed my contract in March 2023 for 24 months. No-one offered me a replacement new router. Can I have one please?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Edwin_john  I think it may be a case of "If you don't ask you don't get"  😄

tol
Grafter

I was in the same boat, didn't get offered new router option when I renewed in Feb.  Called the support number and was told, normally they would just send one out but because it had been a few months, the router was showing as being >£100 so I would have to re-contract.  was 2 months into 18mth contract so though what the hell... recontracted at pre-March price and router sent for free.  so win-win

Pity the new router is not as flexible as the openwrt hh5a that it replaces... but does the job.