Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Thanks for that. It looks a bit strange to me, and will need some Plusnet intervention. Basically, if I am reading it correctly, your data rate figures look way out of line with the Line Attenuation, and your downstream noise margin is much too low.

If I tag @Gandalf , maybe one of the Help Team will investigate and provide some help/information. Sadly, there is nothing else I can do to help.

John
JoyceMac
Dabbler

Thanks for your time on this I am grateful for your input.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @JoyceMac

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your service. Tests on the line aren't picking up any particular faults with the network, and the visual radius doesn't look too bad in my opinion. The Downstream SNR does look a little low though, so I've amended the target SNR to 6dB, let's see if this improves your service.

There's also the possibility of this being a WIFI only problem, in which case I'd recommend downloading a WIFI scanner to see if you're on the best channel.

Anyway, the SNR change will take around 4 hours to complete, to give your router a reset later on today and see how you get on.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jab1
Legend

@adam945 Thanks for adjusting the SNR. I still think the data rates look a little strange, given the attenuation?

John
JoyceMac
Dabbler

Hi thanks for this help. Can I ask a different question on my desktop outlook keeps telling me ‘your imap server has closed the connection’ before it has completed downloading mail. Do you what this means?
jab1
Legend

@JoyceMac Sorry, don't use Outlook as a mail client, and don't use IMAP protocol, so I'm stumped. Maybe @MisterW might know more?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@JoyceMac I dont use Outlook either, but from your description it sounds like a timeout of some form. Is there a very large email in the queue ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JoyceMac
Dabbler

Not sure if there is a large file but there is often a large number of messages as I tend to use my iPad most often and when I open Outlook on the PC there can be a week of messages that I haven’t deleted on the iPad to download.