cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSN problem with Plusnet Hub One

FIXED
r0nnyj0b

DSN problem with Plusnet Hub One

Hi, I moved to plusnet standard broadband (ADSL) 1 month ago and have been having to restart the plusnet hub one router at increasingly frequent intervals (several times a day). The hub one shows a constant blue bar with no flashing symbols, but I am unable to connect to any internet sites on wifi or LAN, on Windows, Android or Linux with windows diagnostics suggesting that there is no DNS server available. I can fix the problem on wifi and LAN on any device by manually setting DNS server to 212.159.6.10/9.

I have restarted each device - which does not fix the problem

I have restarted hub one which works for a while (few hours)

My phone line sounds fine and clear

I've removed the face plate from master BT Openreach phone socket (that is the only socket connected to the phone line) and plugged the broadband filter into the testing socket - problem still occurs

I have tried a different broadband filter - problem still occurs

I'm working on the assumption that the hub one is faulty

Any help greatly appreciated 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: DSN problem with Plusnet Hub One

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @r0nnyj0b

I'm sorry to see you're having DNS issues with your new router. Based on the troubleshooting you've done, I agree that it looks like the Hub One's faulty so I've arranged to send you a replacement you should receive within 3 to 5 working days. 

Let us know how it goes once you've got it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
r0nnyj0b

Hi Gandalf,

Many thanks for sending the replacement router. So far (24 hours) it has been working perfectly. I have removed the static DNS addresses and there have been no DNS issues. I will return the original router in the envelope provided. 

Cheers,

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Awesome, I'm glad to see your new router's working a lot better. Thanks for the confirmation Andy.

No problem, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet