cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy warning on Apple devices

LittleGem

Privacy warning on Apple devices

I’m not able to link my Apple Home Hub due to a WiFi privacy warning as the network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. I see from previous threads it’s nothing to worry about in terms of safety/privacy but what do I do to allow my devise link to the WiFi?
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Privacy warning on Apple devices

@LittleGem Welcome to the forums. To be honest, I don't think the reason you can't connect the Apple Home Hub (HomeKit?) is due to that warning, as it merely refers, so far as I know, to the fact that you are not using WPA3 encryption - which very few people will be doing as it requires a WPA3 compatible modem/router, and they are very thin on the ground, as they are rather new.

What specific errors (other than the one you quote) are you getting?

John
LittleGem

When I tried to connect to the Wi-Fi, the home app on my iPhone tells me “Wi-Fi incompatible “ and the WiFi settings tell me there is a privacy warning. I can’t seem to bypass it.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Ah, OK. I don't know much about this side of the Apple environment, as I don't use it, but I would suggest you ask the question on the Apple forums, they will have more information.

Strange that no-one else on here has asked, and I am sure there must be others using Homekit.

John
LittleGem

Thanks I’ll try Apple for help