cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding Hub2 - Lost Noob

flat155marest

Port Forwarding Hub2 - Lost Noob

I'm trying to play a game (City Skylines) with a multiplayer mod that requires both parties access the same server (my terminology might be wrong).

Following a tutorial.

Hub2 Created a Port Forwarding Rule

Name + My internal Computer IP + Start 8000 End 8001 (Internal and External) TCP/UDP

Checking on openportcheck for 8000 does not connect. It auto fills my external IP and I cannot edit the box

Downloaded 'No-Ip' and set up a Host pointing to My external IP

Read a troubleshoot on here who talked about 'DDNS' so I went into Dynamic DNS and set up my details from No-IP

I tried 'Host' only and Host:8000 and neither shows in the portal check tool.

Now I'm completely lost.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

Re: Port Forwarding Hub2 - Lost Noob

For a port forward rule to be checked using an open port checker the application using the port forwarding rule must be running. In the case City Skylines

The port checker does use your external IP address, example https://www.canyouseeme.org/ and it's greyed out with this one.

If you check the Advanced Settings >Technical Log >Event Log >Category "FRWL" do you see any connections attempts, something like

FWL Port Forward Server(Internal IP) TCP 8000 accepted a new connection from (IP Address of the connecting device)

when you use the port checker or use the game?

flat155marest

Hi Dan

Thanks for replying. I've started a session in City Skylines and I think it's correctly set up. 

I've checked the log for FRWL and it reports:

FWL Port Forward Server(192.168.1.188) TCP 8000 accepted a new connection from 158.247.7.200

When i check the portchecking website it still doesn't detect the port

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

If there is just one line with that connection message then I'd say it is connected.

IP Address 158.247.7.200 resolves to www.noip.com

HTH

flat155marest

OK Dan thanks for your help. I'll see if we can get it running!