cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 not connecting to wiser Drayton hub R for central heating control

rsk

Hub 2 not connecting to wiser Drayton hub R for central heating control

Anyone know how to fix problem of Wiser Drayton Hub R not connecting to Plusnet Hub 2 router. I am trying both the Wiser end (resetting and reinstalling app), and the Plusnet router (putting on compatibility and legacy mode, closing 5ghz channel), but it will not connect. The connection process from the wiser end runs smoothly from phone app so that app indicates connection made, but then after 20 seconds the app says there is no connection. Looking on the router control panel page there is no record of a link having actually been made. How can I resolve this issue (quite urgent to control heating system as winter comes on).

Also the Wiser hub connected previously to my old Plusnet router hub 1 (and when I initially looked at the control panel page on the Plusnet Hub 2 a connection had been made at some time with the new router but it was not active - no new connection has been possible).

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Hub 2 not connecting to wiser Drayton hub R for central heating control

@rsk if the Hub 1 worked, do you have a good reason for changing to the Hub 2 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 426

Moderator's note: Thread moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Another option is to configure the SSID name to the same as the hub one. This way nothing needs to be changed, device wise, Alexa's etc