Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor wifi signal

FIXED
Surfer
Grafter

Poor wifi signal

Up to Wednesday we had no issue.  Yesterday morning we had no Internet.  Before phoning Plusnet I did all the normal checks, but never changed anything.  When I eventually got through to Plusnet I was informed that the whole area did not have BB and that Openreach were working on it.

Using my Smartphone this morning I checked the Wifi Network speed and it is 58mbps as the Firestick states that the signal is marginal. .  I am not all that familiar with the various terms so please excuse my ignorance. 

We have the latest Amazon Firestick and when trying to connect to the Network it now asks for a password, but does not accept the password and eventually it comes up with an error message off the Firestick.  The Hub One router is approximately 2m away from the Firestick.

Should the Network speed be a lot higher when using the wifi?  Should the wifi signal be a lot stronger and not marginal?  All these issues seem to have come about since the area went off line as previously no issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Poor wifi signal

Fix

@Surfer 

A couple of things to try:

1. Switch the Hub off using the switch on the back. Leave it a minute then switch it back on.

2. Factory reset the Hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole. Keep the switch closed for 30 seconds. Note that it will take 10 minutes or so to sort itself out.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Surfer
Grafter

Re: Poor wifi signal

I did all the above before your post and also rebooted the Firestick. All working okay now.  Thanks.