cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poe router

kentautocareltd

Poe router

Greetings.
I'm currently using the hub one, with an unmanaged poe switch and 2 access points.
The router is playing up, and I'm looking at getting a poe router, so as to save all the traffic going through one lan port.
What are the best (and simplest) options?
I will be getting 2 new tp link access points as well.
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Poe router

Welcome to the forum @kentautocareltd It's very rare that hardware 'plays up' so if you're having connectivity issues then I first suggest that you ensure there is nothing that will affect it. Check locations, quality and routing of wiring and sources of interference like fridges and microwaves.

Then dial 17070 and do a quite line test to ensure there are no faults then ask here for a radius log to see how the connection itself has been performing. Then after all these options are exhaust consider new hardware, but you first need to eliminate the obvious.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Poe router

Good morning @kentautocareltd

I've just tried to test your line to see if there are any potential issues on the line, but have not been able to find your account through your community profile. Please feel free to send me a PM with your account username and I'll get back to you.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds