cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet unwilling to replace my broken router.

FIXED
Kpfran
Grafter

Plusnet unwilling to replace my broken router.

Yesterday i was unable to connect to my Plusnet 1 router.

I had a phone call back from an engineer who tried everything over the phone to get me up an running but to no avail.

He then said he could post out a new router free of charge or send out an engineer the next day to install a new router and sort out any other problems,again all free of any charges.I was issued a ticket no. and asked to cancel the engineer visit if i managed to sort the problem in the meantime.

I then managed to borrow a neighbours spare third party router and managed to get myself connected again.

Rang up this morning to cancel the engineer and asked them to post out the quoted free replacement router for me to install myself.

Imagine my surprise when i was told ,"thank you for ringing to cancel the engineer but if you want a Plusnet replacement router sent out it will be £99 plus £6.99 p&p"

Next time i will just let the engineer come out for free and replace the router for free.I even asked the engineer over the phone about costs and he stated Plusnet had dropped all engineer call out costs sine July last year and any replacement parts fitted by the engineer were also free.

Please sort this out Plusnet.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Plusnet unwilling to replace my broken router.

As far as I'm aware if the router fails within it's first year it should be replaced under warranty - not sure about P&P.

After that a replacement router is usually sent free (plus P&P) if you recontract.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Kpfran
Grafter

i asked the engineer on the phone to clarify what costs i would incur with the engineers home visit.

He said that even though my Router was 4 years old ,the engineer would replace it free of charge as this had been Plusnets new policy since July last year.

i only borrowed a spare router off a neighbour temporarily,so once again i will be without a service.

My best option appears to be to change my Broadband supplier from Plusnet to one of the other providers .At least that way i will get the benefit of a new customer discount and a free router.

I have no intention of paying Plusnet over £100 for a replacement router when on my recorded telephone conversation i was told the router would be free and there would be no other charges.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Review response

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @Kpfran

I'm really sorry to see the bad experience you've had.

Based on the advice you were given and upon looking at your account, I've ordered a new router for you now at no cost you should receive within the next 3 to 5 working days. Smiley

If you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kpfran
Grafter

Thank you for taking the time to look into my problems.
You have given me the confidence to remain with Plusnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Kpfran 

No problem, I’m glad to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet