Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub takes 20 minutes to boot

mc4martyc
Hooked

Plusnet hub takes 20 minutes to boot

Hi all.
On Wednesday night in the wee small hours my router rebooted itself. Light was green briefly, then blue, then orange flashing for around 45 minutes. My wife gave up and used hotspot on phone.
This afternoon my daughter lost WiFi, happens a lot here, so did usual and restarted router. Same green, blue then flashing orange. It again stayed flashing orange for some 20 minutes before going blue.
Within an hour all phones reported as connected to WiFi but no internet. Restarted phones but no joy so restarted router again. Same green then blue the flashing orange.
After about 10 minutes, the broadband light came on for about 5 seconds and the light was steady orange. Since then it has been flashing orange again. 5 minutes now. I have had issues with WiFi for years. I can only assume interference as I wouldn't like to assume that someone was intentionally interfering with the signal. Not just with PN but other providers prior.
I have been with PN for 4 years or more. When I renewed a few months back I requested a new router. Still no better.
What is also odd is the Roku seems to be the last device to have an issue lol

Any help appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet hub takes 20 minutes to boot

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @mc4martyc, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. I can confirm it looks like you've called up this morning and an external fault has been detected on your line that's more than likely behind the drops you've been seeing recently.

I can see we've raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 30/08/21 by 23:59. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.

The fault ticket on your account has been placed on hold until the morning of 01/10/21 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Friday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.

mc4martyc
Hooked

Hi Ben thanks for replying.

I received a phone call yesterday evening stating the issue was fixed. Indeed I have a dial tone and router now reboots within 2 minutes. Unfortunately I have had issues persisting through the night.

I get several devices saying Conected to Plus-****, no internet. These vary when this happens, phones, laptops, Roku devices etc

Restart of devices does nothing, restarting the router does solve the issue.

This has happened twice so far.

We have also had the red broadband light appear for 10 to 15 seconds, then back to a blue light.

I am hoping it is just the router settling down after the  fault was fixed.

I am nights for the next couple of days but have asked my wife to monitor and note any outages whilst I sleep.

Many thanks

Martin

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @mc4martyc, thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear the issues look to persist. I can confirm we received a clear message from our suppliers yesterday evening however as you've confirmed we can see further drops since then. In which case, I've rejected the clear message on our suppliers side which will essentially pass the fault back for further investigation. I've left the ticket off hold so out faults team can keep an eye out for further updates and changes on the fault. The estimated response time we have is still showing 30/10/21 so I'd advise if you're continuing to see drops come Thursday morning to please give us a nudge on here and we'll look to chase this up further.