cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Smart Hub 2 - Does it auto-reboot after 14 days uptime, and a question about Digital Voice?

FIXED
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Plusnet Smart Hub 2 - Does it auto-reboot after 14 days uptime, and a question about Digital Voice?

I recall the BT Home Hub 5A is known to reboot in middle of the night every 14 days, to ensure the hub is 'stable' for use at any other time.  I understand he Plusnet Hub One does not have this 'feature'.

Does anyone know whether the new Plusnet Hub Two includes the feature to automatically reboot after 14 days of use?

Waiting patiently for Plusnet FTTP to be eventually offered.

Plusnet FTTP will likely be offered with optional? Digital Voice telephone service.

Digital Voice only works with Smart hub 2.

@bobpullen 

Can anyone answer this question even though Digital Voice service has not yet been launched. 

Does the Digital Voice service require the Smart Hub 2, to be in normal 'router' mode?

ie. Digital Voice won't work in 'bridge' modem mode on smart hub 2, if we wish to use our own external router?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Plusnet Smart Hub 2 - Does it auto-reboot after 14 days uptime, and a question about Digital Voi

Fix

@bill888 

No it does not reboot every 14 days.
The Digital Voice feature is a router function. It will be predominantly used when lines are upgraded to FTTP. I would not expect it to work in bridge modem mode.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'