cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) lost my login details.

WBJBlake
Hooked

BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) lost my login details.

When I switched to Plusnet Fibre 6 months ago I found that the WiFi performance of the supplied Plusnet Hub 1 router was much worse than my old Netgear Router (sadly ADSL only).

So I bought a BT Smart Hub on eBay as recommended by many on this forum, and was pleased to find the WiFi coverage was as good as the old Netgear.  Excellent.  All worked well for about 6 months, but about a week ago the Internet suddenly disconnected around midnight, and the light went orange showing no connection.   Well, I initially thought it was my line, and wasted much time, including going back to the Plusnet Router which worked! So that showed it was something to do with the the Smart Hub.  I eventually spotted that the BT Smart Bub had completely lost my Plusnet login details.  From the router control panel these fields were blank.   All other configuration options were unchanged.   OK - I just reentered the login details, and everything has been working perfectly since.

I am posting this in case (a) someone knows what might have caused the loss of login details and (2) in case it helps someone else who might have the same problem.   Curious!

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) lost my login details.

@WBJBlake  Welcome to the forum.

This can happen. If the connection to the FTTC cabinet gets screwed up due, for example, to a data glitch. The Smarthub automatically reboots to try to re establish a connection. As the Smarthub is not connected to the BT servers it remains in the reset state.

All that you need to do is remove the DSL cable, re enter your Plusnet username and password then replace the DSL cable.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

WBJBlake
Hooked

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) lost my login details.

That makes sense!  Thanks.