Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub two wifi password.

FIXED
KenMavor
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Hub two wifi password.

Daughter just reset my Plusnet Hub two router rather than switching it off and one again.

*sigh*

This means that the network name and wifi password has reset to the default names and password.

I can change the network name easily and it accepts it.

However it will not let me change the wifi password back to what it was before.  Indeed, it doesn't let me change it to anything other than the default password.

This means that ALL my devices being connected to wifi will not work.  32 devices in total and I cannot be bothered going to all of them and changing the password.

Is there a fix????

All I want to do is get the wifi network name and wifi password back to what it was before.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Plusnet Hub two wifi password.

@KenMavor 

Are you on the right page? You need to be on the Advanced settings/Wireless one after entering the admin password.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KenMavor
Dabbler

Hiya.

Yes....entered the admin password and takes me into advanced wireless page.

Lets me change the network name quite happily but nothing happens when I try and change the wifi password.

Weird.

The page recognises that something has changed but doesn't go to the next step that confirms the change as it did when I changed the network name.

Maybe need a new router as something is preventing me changing the password....almost like I do not have the privilege to change it.

Any other thoughts?

Last time this happened I had to get a Plusnet helpdesk guy change it remotely.  4th time in about 6 months and starting to get annoying.

KenMavor
Dabbler

Just tried a different browser and no different.

I can almost hear the router laughing at me.....mocking me......saying....you have no power here... 🙂

KenMavor
Dabbler

Fix

Online helpdesk guys updated my paddword tho the previous one so all good.

Excellent customer service.

5 minutes, max, to get through to a real person.

She then actually listened to me telling her what the problem was and what I needed done.

She didn't follow a line by line script and take me through a myriad of useless attempts to fix the problem.

The lady then fixed my problem, as requested, in about 5 minutes.

Total elapsed time to a fix, albeit a simple problem, was about 10 minutes.

Well done plusnet!!!