Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One and Draytek 2820

FIXED
dafyddmonks
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Hub One and Draytek 2820

Thanks for this thread - the instructions are helpful. I had no idea that you still had to add forwarding rules even if the VPN concentration/draytek was on the DMZ port. 

The reason I need these instructions is that I took out YouView which will only run on the HubOne device - I've tried all I can think of to get it working on the draytek, with no success - and I do need to be able to VPN into my Nas and other stuff while out of the house. 

Cheers,

D

Sh500

Just an update. 

Dynamic Dns is working now. Had to open up a couple of ports on the Hub One. But, I have gone for a static IP as suggested by Browni, so thanks for that. 

dafyddmonks
Hooked

Just received a replacement hub one in the post today, and unfortunately I've lost VPN access. I've set up the new hub as per @mvorajee's instructions, but connecting to my VPN just times out. If I go back to using my openreach modem the VPN works fine. Any suggestions?

D

dafyddmonks
Hooked

Fix

I just realised that this issue is related to running dynamic DNS on the Draytek Vigor. It's updating the DDNS service with the IP it's getting from the Plusnet Hub One. Fixed by disabling the DDNS updates on the Draytek and turning it on on the Hub One. I now have working VPN access to my home equipment when I'm on the road Cheesy

Thanks to all for a really useful post!

D

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

We now seem to have a useful "cook book" to set up the Draytek 2820 and Hub One on fibre while keeping all the features of the Draytek without an Openreach modem.

I am the satisfied customer....