Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 2 bought from eBay

FIXED
matty9
Hooked

Plusnet Hub 2 bought from eBay

I fancied the new router but didn’t want to renew my contract so bought one from eBay. It all works fine but when browsing the router settings noticed the broadband username and password had been pre-populated with who I assume was the person the router was originally assigned to. Do I need to be concerned at all? What are the problems, if any, if I leave it like it is. Should I enter my username and password and would it still work? And if I do enter my username password what are they? I was thinking they would be the same as what I use to log onto my plusnet account online but what’s confusing me is I use my hotmail address to log in to that.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Plusnet Hub 2 bought from eBay

Fix

@matty9  you need to get the Hub associated with your account - maybe @bobpullen  can sort this out for you. The username and password IS 'yourusername@plusdsl.net' - without the ' mark, and your account password.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@matty9 

Change the username to your account username followed by @plusdsl.net and your account password, regardless of where else they are used.

If it is properly associated with your account in the future it will just be populated with these same details automatically.

If you leave it as is then it will probably screw up the previous owners connection.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@matty9 - what are the last three characters of the hub's serial number? 007 by any chance?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

matty9
Hooked

@bobpullen correct it’s 007

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Thanks, that's now associated with your account.

You'll need to carry out a factory reset at your side by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear of the hub until the status light flashes green.

Once it comes back up, leave things for a few minutes and then check on the username again. If it's showing your account credentials then we can assume success.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

matty9
Hooked

Thank you, I’ll try it at lunch time and report back

matty9
Hooked

@bobpullen Yes that has worked, thanks once again.