cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Hub one range issue.

Vader
Hooked

PN Hub one range issue.

My router is about three years old and I am having issues with WiFi range, unless I am within 3m of the router I only get about half signal strength which continues to deteriorate the further away I get. I have bought a power line adapter so that I can get a decent connection in another room, but the weak signal makes video calling very difficult, the weak signal causing regular drop outs. I tried changing channels etc with no improvement, so I was wondering if it’s the router that’s starting to fail as it hasn’t been this poor previousl, any ideas please.

2 REPLIES 2
Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: PN Hub one range issue.

Has this always been the case, or have you moved your router (or other objects) recently?

Positioning can make quite a big difference.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/content/where-put-router-improve-wireless-signal/

The Hub One isn't the best router, but it's reasonably adequate in most circumstances. You shoudl certainly get more than 3 metres range!

Vader
Hooked

Re: PN Hub one range issue.

Thank you for your comments, no router has not been moved, its been in the same place for a number of years. it seems like the deterioration in range has happened recently so I was concerned router is starting to fail.