cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a new router weeks ago, not come yet!

brokenbiscuits
Dabbler

Ordered a new router weeks ago, not come yet!

Our router stopped working and plusnet sent an engineer around our house to see if it was the router or if it was the connection. The engineer confirmed it was the router and he told us he'd put an order in for a replacement router.

We were told to wait 5 working days for the router to be delivered. It's been 3 weeks now and no sign of it. 

My partner and I are work from home, its been a massive problem for us not having a router for this long. 

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Ordered a new router weeks ago, not come yet!

@brokenbiscuits Who did this engineer work for - Openreach or Qube?

John
brokenbiscuits
Dabbler

Openreach

jab1
Legend

That explains it - BTOR have no input to the PN system, and can't 'order you a router'. My suggestion is that you ring in and ask whether PN are aware of this, and if so, has the new Hub been ordered.

John
brokenbiscuits
Dabbler

Do Plusnet have visibility on this post?

jab1
Legend

The Help Team do - but it will be quicker to ring in, there aren't many of them and they are quite busy.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @brokenbiscuits, thanks for getting in touch! I'm really sorry to hear of the issues experienced with your router and can certainly help with this.

I am sorry that you were expecting a router and it's not arrived. As mentioned by the other users above, engineers aren't able to order the router themselves, they will usually leave us notes to advise of a faulty router and then our faults team action this on the follow up.

Having taken a further look at this for you, it looks like the connection returned shortly after the fault was raised to us and can see an active connection since with a good amount of data transferring. Can you advise if you are currently using a third party router?

If so and you are still needing a new router with us, I would be happy to issue a replacement Hub One for you, or have provided a further response with options on your account here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222249382

If you add a reply to the ticket just give me a nudge on here and I can pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
brokenbiscuits
Dabbler

We had to go out and buy a router. We both work from home so needed a connection back that day. It's the cheapest router we could find and expect a replacement router from Plusnet.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming.

As mentioned, I would be happy to issue a replacement Hub One for you but have also advised of other options available to you for us sending a new router in the ticket I have linked above.

If you're happy with a replacement Hub One router, please let me know and I will get that actioned for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @brokenbiscuits, just to let you know I have now added a reply on your ticket for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team