cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - no working internet

Sarah_R

New customer - no working internet

Hi, We had the engineer round today who installed/ activated the line like they said we needed. He said it was all working and we could plug in the router and it should start working. But it will not work, When I tried it took me a page that asked me to log in which I did and it said I had the wrong information/ password which I did not. How do we get the wifi to work?

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: New customer - no working internet

@Sarah_R Welcome to the forums. Have you had notification from Plusnet of your order being completed, or an 'activation date'?

BTOR engineers don't always pass on the correct information.

John
Sarah_R

No, I have not heard from plusnet since they sent the email saying they would send the router. I think when we signed up they said it should go live the same same day they visit though 😕
jab1
Legend

If you haven't been given an actual date, you may find it doesn't fully authenticate until midnight. If you still have no connection tomorrow morning, post back.

Your recollection is wrong, by the way - unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Are you having Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) or ADSL ( copper cable all the way from the exchange)?

John
Sarah_R

Thank you, I will post back if it has not worked by midnight, I believe its fiber we have.
lauraedavies198
Dabbler

Same here I am a new customer as well with a date of connection by midnight tonight
My internet has been of for 24 hours and still no sign of it coming on it’s a joke
jab1
Legend

@lauraedavies198 You have been answered in your own thread.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482
Moved: