Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Monitor Plusnet Hub Two

my53rdchoice
Grafter

Network Monitor Plusnet Hub Two

Hi,

Has anyone got any advice on getting a network monitor to run on the router?

My old Asus one used to have a tab that would show me how much of the bandwidth was being used which was handy so I could ID whether I couldn't work from home because of the works network or because one of my kids is downloading a fortnite update so I could quickly ID who to shout at

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Network Monitor Plusnet Hub Two

As far as I am aware the Hub Two does not have this feature, you could configure it to 'bridge mode' (as a modem) and connection your Asus RT-N66U to it, the other option is to buy a DSL modem/router which supports the required feature.

HTH

ksaro1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@my53rdchoice wrote:

Hi,

@my53rdchoice - Are you familiar with RRDtool? There are many applications based on it that you can use, e.g. Cacti, Nagios, Zabbix. They all enable you to monitor all sorts of things on your network, network load/performance included. There are many contributors to many of these products and there may well be some templates for interrogating the PN/BT Hub Two for statistics.

I used to have a Billion modem/router that I had a Cacti template for that someone wrote. But I've not been running Cacti, for various reasons, since moving to FTTP and the Hub Two router. So I don't know what's available for the Hub Two yet.

ksaro1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Having looked a little more into network monitoring I see that the PN Hub Two DOES NOT support snmp, which is what is typically used by all monitoring tools. And, unfortunately for me, my other router that is being used as an AP for my home network also does not support snmp.

So @my53rdchoice , you and I are in the same boat. No way to monitor our router/network performance.