Did you mean: 

Need to update Hub One Router

FIXED
Clint_1701-A
Dabbler

Need to update Hub One Router

Hi All,

I have a Hub One Router that shows the firmware as 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 

This has not updated in a while, my question is, should this be okay to leave as is, I have zero problems.

Cheers

22 REPLIES 22
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Need to update Hub One Router

@Clint_1701-A That is a horribly old firmware release. I will tag @bobpullen , the hardware guru for you.

John
Clint_1701-A
Dabbler

Thank you! Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Clint_1701-A

Send me a private message with your username & serial number of the router and I can make sure it's showing as an active router on the hardware platform in your account.

Once I've done this you'll just need to factory reset the router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back for 20 seconds to see the router update itself automatically.

A factory reset will though put any settings you may have customised back to defaults so it may be worth creating a backup by going to the Advanced Settings > System > Backup/Restore tab first. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Clint_1701-A
Dabbler

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I have PM'd you the details requested.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Gandalf  I thought it wasnt possible to update routers whose firmware is so old  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/td-p/1696363

NOTE THAT DEVICES RUNNING FIRMWARE EARLIER THAN 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 CAN NOT BE REMOTELY UPGRADED AND CUSTOMERS WILL NEED TO CONTACT SUPPORT FOR A SOLUTION IF THEY REQUIRE A HUB WITH THE LATEST UPDATES.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MisterW

That's a good shout and thanks for the reminder.

@Clint_1701-A

Cheers for the private message.

Unfortunately it turns out that we can't update your router's firmware, but if you do start to have issues with the router, let me know and I can look at what options we have to replace it for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Clint_1701-A
Dabbler

Hi,

No problem, thank you for looking into though!

It's causing me no problems, so will carry on as is for now.

😊

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem @Clint_1701-A, thanks a lot for letting us know. If things change at all, please let us know. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Clint_1701-A
Dabbler

Hi,

I decided to request a new router and I have plugged it in and showing as updated today (04/03/2022) but the firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 which I believe is still a few years old.

I am guessing this is showing on your systems, are you able to push out the latest firmware to it?

Thank you!

grahamt
Rising Star

You should definitely get this router updated from v...263 to ...289, as the 263 version may give you problems with 5GHz wifi devices (although this didn't happen for everyone). I suspect your router didn't really update today and that the date is just the first date that the router connected to your ID.

The best thing to do would be to send Gandalf another direct message with the info requested in one of the messages above.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I suspect your router didn't really update today and that the date is just the first date that the router connected to your ID.

I believe routers normally implement the update in the early hours, so it may be that the update has been downloaded and it will reboot to implement it overnight.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @Clint_1701-A

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, I've just raised the request to have your router updated to the latest firmware version via our internal dashboard. If @bobpullen sees this sooner though, he may be able to push it through. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Clint_1701-A
Dabbler

Ah, great thank you.

I have PMd @Gandalf as well with the information.

Smiley

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@adam945 wrote:

Hey @Clint_1701-A

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, I've just raised the request to have your router updated to the latest firmware version via our internal dashboard. If @bobpullen sees this sooner though, he may be able to push it through. Smiley 

This isn't neecessary. The router will update on its own accord within a few days.

@Clint_1701-A - shout up if it doesn't.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵