Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Mobile phones no longer connect to wifi

A shame, because that would be helpful.

John
Annie81
Dabbler

Hi. Have downloaded wifi analyser, there is a long list, but it is not listing my wifi.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Annie81 wrote:

Hi, I've tried the link @Baldrick1 sent, connected to 5GHz and changed 'sync to 2.4GHz' to no, but this has not helped.

Did you remember to add -5 to the 5GHz band SSID, I suspect that you missed this step?

If that doesn't work try switching off the 5GHz band all together.

Second part of original deleted as screen grab has now come through.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Annie81 wrote:

Hi. Have downloaded wifi analyser, there is a long list, but it is not listing my wifi.

Strange - I assume your laptops are operating over Wi-Fi? Have your phones had a very recent system 'update'?

John
Annie81
Dabbler

Hi, No system updates. Hadn't used my samsung phone for a couple of days, then went to use it yesterday and no internet. Can't understand why it won't pick up the wifi. Checked the other phone (nokia) which has also worked fine, but now will not find network. Have not had any issues with the laptops at all. They are all connected over wifi. Also have tv connected and apps working fine

jab1
Legend

Fix

I hate to admit it then, @Annie81 , but I am totally stumped. I don't understand why both phones have suddenly lost just your connection, while showing others which must be further away.

I know you say you have totally powered down both of them, and still not picked up your network, which is obviously still working. Can you try it again, but leave them off for say half an hour?

John
Annie81
Dabbler

Ok I will do that now. Thanks

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Annie81 

In case it was lost in all the noise did you pick up my post back here? https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Mobile-phones-no-longer-connect-to-wifi/m-p/1827902#M28133

IF you took the screengrab AFTER you attempted to separate the bands then you have not fully followed the instructions.

Also note that you are still on the old firmware, this is slowly being updated but hasn't yet been rolled out to you so this issue might be a factor. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1696363#M15510

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@Annie81 

You could try adding the WiFi manually on you your phone (you may need forget the existing connection first)

Settings >Connections >WiFi > Add network

Enter the network name for 2.4Ghz and WPA/WPA2-Personal make sure auto connect is selected.

Dan

jab1
Legend

@Annie81 I assume you are back working? I've no idea what causes this to happen, but I've seen it before.

John