cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest router

mrk4thom2

Latest router

Just wondering how I can get the latest router for PlusNet, had the same one for a couple of years. Looking through the forums the current one is a rebadged BT HH6 model. Looking at images from Google seems like I have the older HH5.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Latest router

@mrk4thom2  Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry, you are misreading the forum. The current Plusnet Hub One is a rebadged old BT Home Hub 5A. This hasn't been changed for years and there is no indication that it will in the near future.

You will see references to the BT Smarthub 6 on this forum as many of us has dumped the Plusnet hub as the Smarthub 6 is far better.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

The Plusnet Hub One is a BT HH5A. As far as I know there is no later one that Plusnet offer.

mrk4thom2

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated, I'll source a BT Smarthub 6 Smiley

mrk4thom2

@Baldrick1 just found your setup guide for the BT SH 6 Smiley

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@mrk4thom2 

Whilst all Smarthub 6s work I recomment a model 088315 if you can find one. This is a Business FTTC version. The advantage of the Business models is that you can select your own DNS server if you wish plus there are other tweaks not available on the standard residential models.

You might come across the FTTP version. These are identified by a red WAN sticker of one of the yellow LAN sockets. These also work but you lose the use of one of the LAN ports.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'