cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG TVs and NAS drive

Bob696

LG TVs and NAS drive

Recent convert to plusnet (about a month ago)

Everything is up and running fine except I noticed today my LG TVs are not finding the NAS drive.

We had been with another provider (who also own an airline and a few trains) and our LG tv in one room could access the NAS drive with no issues. Set up another LG TV (new) in my sons room today and noticed it could not find the NAS. I checked the original TV and that could no longer find the NAS either.

All the computers find the NAS and the TVs are connected to the internet so everything appears to be working fine. Nothing has changed in the network except the router.

I have tried the LG media server program and it is pants 😞

I have a Hub One and any suggestions gratefully received

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LG TVs and NAS drive

Welcome to the Forums Bob696.

Quick question.

Is this NAS a real NAS i.e. it is connected to your LAN via an Ethernet cable or does it use USB?

Bob696

It is a proper NAS connected via RJ45 straight into the router.

To be specific is one of these http://origin-eu.zyxel.com/products_services/nsa320s.shtml?t=p although probably an older model as I have had it for 5-6 years now

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an LG TV in my bedroom and it can pick up both of my NAS boxes without issue, one is a QNAP the other is a Synology. Can you get internet access with the TV and what do the Network Settings say as regards the IP address assigned to the TV, it should be somewhere in the range of 192.168.1.64 > 192.168.1.253.

Bob696

Fixed it.

Simple case of moving the NAS RJ45 from socket 3 to socket 1. I don't know how that changed anything but it did and everything working fine now