cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it common to receive a plusnet router setup with someone else's account?

mnUser
Hooked

Is it common to receive a plusnet router setup with someone else's account?

Hello,

I recently started a contract with Plusnet, and they sent through the post a (new) router. I've got the phone line working and I was told I could connect the router. I followed the instructions printed on the pamphlet, but at no point I was asked to enter my credentials. Presumably because those router come pre-configured with one's own account... well, that was I thought anyways.

Apparently I am connecting with someone else's account, and can surf the web without issues. User name is a woman's name + surname. Does it mean that some one out there has a router with my account bound to it? My contract is basic broadband (not fiber). Perhaps that person using my account is getting a slow connection? Or is that checked against phone line rather that user account? What about websites visited history... oh dear.

I've been trying to contact Plusnet regarding this matter. But it seems it is very difficult to get in touch with them. Waiting too long on the phone to get someone to talk to. Online chat not available, or "Loading..." forever, or once you are in, the bot asks you to give the team a ring. It wasn't like that in past experiences.

Anyways, has anyone else been in such situation? Perhaps is someting normal?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Is it common to receive a plusnet router setup with someone else's account?

@mnUser 

Although you might find a link, chat is no longer working.

You seem to have been shipped the wrong router as the Plusnet sign on credentials are linked to the router serial number and automatically download when you first connect.

No doubt a Plusnet staffer will come along tomorrow and sort this for you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Is it common to receive a plusnet router setup with someone else's account?

So I can investigate further, can you please PM me your username? Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team