Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one firmware upgrade

David128

Hub one firmware upgrade

Returned to using our hub one router as our netgear D7000 failed

I can see it's firmware version is out of date

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated Unknown

When I checked on the forum about updating it, I found the following response (extract from longer post)

Having said the above, any old devices knocking around in the back of cupboards etc. that are running firmware earlier than 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 will no longer be able to communicate with the management platform. Probably best to send these back to us. If it's the only device we've ever provided you with, and you need a replacement for whatever reason, then please get in touch with support.

Obviously I don't want to send it back as we're now relying on it, and I haven't found anyway to email support - so hope there is a way to update this

I have the 5Ghz wifi turned off, as that was the initial problem why I stopped using the hub one, and I understand from that topic that the firmware update resolves this issue

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Hub one firmware upgrade

@David128 As that extract from an earlier topic says, there is no way to upgrade a Hub on a firmware version earlier than the .259.1.1 version, so no way to update it.

My suggestion, if there are any still available, is to buy a BT HH6 from that well known auction site, and configure it for your PN connection - details/instructions are pinned to the top of this board.

John
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Hub one firmware upgrade

@jab1 wrote:

My suggestion, if there are any still available, is to buy a BT HH6 from that well known auction site, and configure it for your PN connection - details/instructions are pinned to the top of this board.

Agree entirely. After a recent upgrade to my PN Hub2  I have gone back to my HH6 for considerably better performance