cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one 5ghz not working

Nimmy

Hub one 5ghz not working

Hi,  had an issue which has suddenly got worse. Split bands for 2.4ghz and 5ghz with the same password. Has always asked for passwords repeatedly for the 5ghz band. Or would work after a reset. But this cannot be accessed at all. Changed the password etc etc. 
I think it’s a firmware issue, after reading some other posts...? We are using 4.7.5.1.83.8.259. Think this is quite old now. We’ve been with plus net a few years. Speed seems to have dropped off a little with regards to reliability of the speed too.

Is there anything I can do? Or push an update? 

Please and thanks 🙏 

6 REPLIES 6
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Hub one 5ghz not working

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.3 | Last updated 02/02/22

That's what my recently-supplied Hub One says. I run it similarly to you, separate SSIDs for the two bands, but the same password. No issues.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Nimmy - That firmware version suffers from a known bug that causes exactly the sort of problem you're describing. Somewhere along the line, your hub must have fallen off the management platform because otherwise it would have been updated to run the version @HPsauce has.

Unfortunately, your firmware version is also old enough that it's no longer possible to update it remotely, so instead I'll arrange to get a replacement hub to you.

I hope it resolves your issues.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Nimmy

@bobpullen @HPsauce Thanks very much. I've just had confirmation that a Hub Two has been ordered.

Is it still possible to split the bands on this?

Thanks

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Nimmy I don't think Hub two is as amenable as Hub one on this, one reason I'm happy to stick with Hub one..

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Nimmy - I'm afraid not. Sorry, should have called that out. Hopefully it won't be the cause of too many problems for you. Let us know how you get on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Nimmy

@bobpullen @HPsauce , no worries. Will let you know if I have any issues. Many thanks for the speedy help  Smiley