Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub locking up, gets hot and smell

FIXED
leighcocker

Hub locking up, gets hot and smell

Hello.

My PN router often locks up and gets very hot to the touch and often there is a acrid plastic burning smell coming from the router. How do I go about getting a replacement?

Regards

Leigh

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Hub locking up, gets hot and smell

@leighcocker  Welcome to the forum. 
This does not sound good. These hubs get warm but should not get hot or smell.

If this is happening then you should stop using it. I can’t advise on replacement, that needs a discussion with Plusnet. You can either wait to see if a staffer comes along or ring in. 0800 432 0200.

Do you have another combined modem/router? If so then if you tell us the make and model we may be able to advise how you can configure this.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

leighcocker

ok, thanks, Will raise with support via twitter.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Leigh,

I'm really sorry to see your router's burning up. I've ordered a new router now you should receive by the end of the week. 

Our products guru @bobpullen may have other ideas, but once you've got the new router I'd recommend posting the existing one back to us so we can inspect it. We'll provide a freepost returns label and bag with the replacement. 

I'll also tweet you back now via Twitter. We haven't ignored you over there btw and thanks for the tweet. Smiley

We've been a little busy over the last few days but let me know if you need any further help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Returns bag/labels are not being shipped with replacements at the moment.

There is a separate process for recovering items for inspection if they are believed to be a risk to safety. I'll leave it to @leighcocker to advise if this is something they would like us to pursue (@Gandalf - give me a nudge if you need some pointers on the process).

Otherwise, a normal returns label can be generated by following the guidance here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵