cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Two band splitting "fix"

Rosy99

Hub Two band splitting "fix"

From reading comments on here...do you think the "fix" for being able to split bands of buying an extender an acceptable response? I shouldn't need to buy another device to enable my equipment to connect to the internet that I already pay for! Plusnet should be either providing the ability to split bands through the router or providing us with extenders to "fix" their issue.
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Hub Two band splitting "fix"

@Rosy99 Splitting bands on the Hub2 is not required - it was only required on the Hub1.

John
Rosy99

It is if you want to connect to stuff that only uses 2.4ghz...nothing important obviously, just a car charger 🙄

And it was necessary on the hub1, worked absolutely fine on that!!

So again, why should I have to pay more to have it working?Huh
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Ah - in that case , temporarily disable the 5Ghz band, connect the 2.4Ghz kit, re-enable the 5Ghz band.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Rosy99 wrote:
It is if you want to connect to stuff that only uses 2.4ghz...nothing important obviously, just a car charger

If you go into the Advanced Wireless settings and turn off the 5GHz band you can connect your car charger. You may find that you can then switch the %GHz band back on and the charger will stay connected.

Whether the fact that your charger not connecting to synchronised bands is a router problem or a design weakness in the charger is a debateable point. Either way the Plusnet Hub 2 is a rebadged BT Smarthub 2 with the same 'feature', so don't hold your breath hoping it will change any time soon.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'