Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Two Bridge Mode and firmware updates query

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Hub Two Bridge Mode and firmware updates query

@bobpullen 

If a Hub Two is operating in bridge mode, will it continue to receive firmware updates?

I vaguely recall over a decade ago when BT Business division used to offer 2wire made 2700HGV ADSL modem router, they were somehow still able to use TR069 to push firmware updates to these routers when operating in bridge mode.  I recall a firmware update for the 2700HGV broke bridge mode, and there was no fix, so affected business customers had to install replacement modems, me included.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Hub Two Bridge Mode and firmware updates query

I don't think the TR069 client is running when in bridge mode. Assuming it isn't, then the hub wouldn't receive updates. I'll double check when I next get the opportunity though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@bobpullen 

checking the Hub Two TR69 logs there has been no CWMP activity since I configured to 'Bridge Mode'

As expected the Date/Time starts at Oct 01 00:00 on startup, pity there is no way of correcting this.

So the question is are we missing an important update when in Bridge Mode?

Dan.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

the Hub 2 in modem mode has no IP connection  , that is only present on the connected router that makes the PPPoE connection. AFAICS even if the CWMP client was running it would have no ability to connect to the ACS server.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Well the log file suggests CWMP is not running, as stated there are not entries in the log file.

What would be nice is the ability to set the date/time to be correct.

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"the Hub 2 in modem mode has no IP connection"

I thought a locally connected device would have a connection of some sort. Network protocols don't have to be routable.

And why isn't there an option to download new software and locally 'flash'/update the what passes for WROM nowadays?

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"I don't think the TR069 client is running when in bridge mode. Assuming it isn't, then the hub wouldn't receive updates. I'll double check when I next get the opportunity though."

That would be nice, when and if.