cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware update request

FIXED
D-Parkes

Hub One firmware update request

Hi I've just re-installed my Plusnet Hub One router having been using a TP-Link router for a few years.

My Hub One is showing...

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated 12/10/16

I would like to get it updated please.
From previous posts I see I will need to PM a member of the support team with

- The username of my account

- The serial number of the router

- The MAC address on the router (only first 6 characters are needed)

and factory reset once it has been added to the system.

Thanks in anticipation..

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Hub One firmware update request

Welcome to our community forums @D-Parkes 

As far as I’m aware, unfortunately we won’t be able to update your router, due to how old the firmware is. Sad

Taken from the post Here if a Hub One is running a firmware version older than 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1, we’d have to look at options to replace the router, if you need the router running the latest firmware. 

Are you having any issues with the router?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
D-Parkes

Hi Anoush, thanks for the update. My Hub One started to drop broadband access quite frequently. I tried to get a firmware update at the time but never managed to get one so I changed to a TP-Link router which has been very stable and I have been able to download firmware updates for it.

When I read on the community support forums that it was possible to get an upgrade I thought I would give it a try as the Hub One has Gigabit ethernet ports and the TP-Link has only 100Mbit and if I ever have problems with my broadband I would want to restore the Hub One as my broadband modem to simplify support.

I'm reluctant to leave the Hub One as my Firewall without a firmware upgrade as I would expect the old firmware to have a number of security flaws so if I can't get it upgraded I will have to go back to the TP-Link router.

Cheers Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Dave, thanks for getting back to me.

Ah makes sense, no problem I'll be happy to arrange to send you another Hub One free of charge to replace the one you've got, however it might be worth calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 as they may be able to post a Hub Two out to you, depending on your contract etc. 

If you'd like me to order a replacement Hub One and/or Customer Options can't send you a Hub Two, let me know. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
D-Parkes

Thanks Gandalf, I called the Customer Options Team and talked to [CSA Removed]. I can get a Hub Two when I renew in a few months time and in the meantime he has sent out a replacement Hub One. Great service!

Cheers Dave

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Awesome, sounds like a plan Dave!

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet