Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Port Forwarding

FIXED
shadowfixer

Hub One - Port Forwarding

Hi, 

Im trying to forward the ports on my hub one for a minecraft server.

I create a new rule in "User Defined Games & Applications", there is only one port required, so the port range is 25565 - 25565 which translates to the same - (Any Protocol). The router then translates this as just to and from 25565 (i have also had a range 25565 - 25566 - this makes no difference to the longterm outcome.  This user defined game is then saved.  So far so good.

On the Main Port forwarding page i then select "Minecraft" from the drop down list list of applications and the host IP address.  Press "Add" (the port forwarding rule) & nothing happens except the drop down lists reset. 

If i select a pre configured game/application - the Port Forwarding rule is saved - so it seems to be an issue with saving user defined games...

I have a static IP address and the Router is Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.3 | Last updated 07/12/21

Has anyone seen this before / Can replicate / Got any suggestions? 

Thanks
SF

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Hub One - Port Forwarding

Fix

@shadowfixer welcome to the forum.

There are no problems creating port forwarding rules.

However, might seem to be a daft question, what device are you using to create the rule, it has been reported here before the menus require a mouse click on OK to create the rule rather than just pressing the enter key.

Dan.

shadowfixer

Re: Hub One - Port Forwarding

Hi @Dan_the_Van 

Thanks for your reply...  

That did it - sort of....

To set the PF rules (WIndows 11 with Current Version of Edge) i needed to Select the Drop Down List for my custom rule, click outside the list (ie anywhere on the page to release the focus); click the Destination IP, click to loose focus and then Click ADD.  

This added the PF rule.

Just selecteding either (with a mouse) did not work - it was the "loosing focus" that seems to "fix" the selection.

Thanks again for your help - not sure i would ever have found this!

SF