cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Can only connect to internet on 5GHZ

jimfin
Hooked

Hub One - Can only connect to internet on 5GHZ

Seem something has gone wrong in the last few days. Internet connectivity via 5Ghz is no problem but no connectivity using 2.4Ghz. What I mean by that is I can connect by wireless to the router using either but there is no internet connection on 2.4Ghz. It became flakey over the last few days but now it has gone altogether. Suggestions for any software aspect or do you think it is a hardware problem?

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hub One - Can only connect to internet on 5GHZ

Hi there, I've just tried to connect into the router remotely but it wasn't successful so it might be a hardware problem. Have you disconnected it?

if not I did help a customer with the same issue a few days ago, it seemed they had a high number of devices connected to the 5ghz and that was affecting connections to 2.4ghz. Separating the two bands and spreading the devices across them more evenly resolved that so that might be something you want to try. 

You can do that by logging into the router at http://192.168.1.254 and in the wireless config, split the frequencies by giving one of them a different SSID. 

Please shout up if you need any more help with that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jimfin
Hooked

Re: Hub One - Can only connect to internet on 5GHZ

Thanks Adam - the router is connected, been connected all day and actually working well at the moment, 2.4 and 5.......... The SSID's are differently named. There are unlikely to be more than 2/3 devices on the 5 and only 2 phones trying to use the 2.4 as a matter of course. Do range extenders count as devices? there are 2 of those as well, one WiFi and one wired.