Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen many apologies it's version 273, just realised my mistake but it still seems to keep dropping out. Once again apologies. 

ham

Hi there,

I seem to have fallen foul of this issue after only a week or two being connected to Plusnet, sadly.

1. Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen? A couple of days ago I found that I no longer had access to the internet through my 5GHz wireless network. I'm still able to connect on all my devices, but none have internet. 2.4GHz is not affected by this.

2. Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub?  Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs? All devices appear connected but have no internet connection. I have only seen a blue light on my router during this time.

3. Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network? The channels are split, and the SSID is different (the 5GHz channel is suffixed with a 5). It only affects the 5GHz network.

4. Once the problem occurs is it persistent?  Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time? Since this has first happened I haven't been able to get an internet connection through the 5GHz network at all, even after a router reset (not factory/hard reset) as well as after resynchronising and then splitting the 2.4 and 5 channels again.

5. Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode] The problem is persistent so there is no way of reproducing it at the moment.

6. Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub?  If so, how long does it take before problems recur? I have only tried this once, and it did not rectify the problem. Having seen your notice about not repeatedly doing this I haven't wanted to try again.
  7. If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version. All devices are failing to get an interenet connection despite being allowed to connect. This includes both Windows 10 laptops, and Android 11 phones.

8. Have the devices experiencing problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred? There is nothing consistent between the device platforms that could explain this to the best of my knowledge.

9. Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points. Currently everything connects to the Plusnet Hub directly. I had split the channels between 2.4 and 5GHz as one of my laptops struggles with 2.4GHz connections. We have connected a Smart TV, a smart thermostat, some Windows laptops and a MacBook Pro, as well as Android and iPhone phones.

If there is a patch that would fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it being pushed, as the 5GHz channels are far better in a lot of the house, where the 2.4GHz channel is barely usable. 

I see that the following information has been attached on previous requests, so I've included it in case it's helpful:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown

Serial Number: +081441 +NQ13025887

Many thanks,

Sam

bennykkf
Dabbler

HI @bobpullen , my Hub One router Firmware is outdated, and being adviced you would help?

Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated Unknown
viffergb
Grafter

Hi

I came across this thread after my reporting the same issue yesterday here 

Graham

licsi3186

Hi Bob,

Same issues here
1. Product name: Plusnet Hub One
2. Serial number: +081441 +NQ34454833
3. Firmware version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Could you update it to the latest version?
SJMC1
Dabbler

Sorry wrong tag

SJMC1
Dabbler

Hi Bob could you update mine as well

1. Product name Plusnet Hub One

2. Serial number  +081441+NQ42569556

3. Software version  4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated Unknown 

Tags (1)
dartilov
Grafter

Good evening

Can I also get a firmware update please, currently running Capture.PNG

HazBo

Hi,

Having intermittent problems with 5g, reset fixes for a while then it comes back, so please can i have the update

1. Product name Plusnet Hub One

2. Serial number  +081441+NQ60304303

3.Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown

Hickmania
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen 

I'm still having occasional issues despite the firmware upgrade. My problem is that it doesn't show 5Ghz devices as connected to the network on either the hub's home page or the 'home network' page, even when I'm viewing the hub settings on a 5Ghz device!

I have set up a reserved IP address for my NAS, but if it's switched off the hub will always ignore the reservation and allocate this reserved address to another device, which is obviously causing an IP conflict when I turn the NAS back on! Restarting the hub or switching off the other device that's causing the conflict with the NAS will temporarily fix the issue but won't stop it from happening again next time I turn the NAS off!

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Get a BT 6 and problems will vanish

ZebraSpider

Hello, please can I request a firmware update?
Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown
+081441+NQ12917732
Thanks in advance
Hickmania
Dabbler

@bobpullen Disregard my previous post about still having issues. I have found out why I was having issues and it's nothing to do with the hub firmware. My NAS was plugged into the LAN socket on a WiFi range extender. I didn't realise it but that range extender had it's own DHCP server running on the same subnet as the hub. I think that's why new devices kept being assigned the IP address that I normally use for the NAS when the NAS was switched off. I've now disabled DHCP on the extender and I think it should all work correctly now!

viffergb
Grafter

Now connected up to and using my old BT Home Hub 5 with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz synced and using the same SSID as per default settings.

Devices connected are working fine so far.  Will keep an eye on things over the coming days.

Software version is dated 06/01/16 so I hope it's safe to use!

viffergb
Grafter

UPDATE
=======

Early days I know, but so far so good when using the old BT Home Hub 5A.  Haven't experienced any 5GHz dropouts or issues over the last 2 Days and 20 hours :crossed_fingers: