Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Caveman18
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

@bobpullen 

Hi Bob,

Are you able to update my router please? It is on 263 and experiencing issues with losing 5GHz wifi.

Regards,

Arthur

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@BobMoore @Dougrattray @tcoombs2101 @Mabuse @waveyduk @damoncross @danxlator @dobbo78 & @Caveman18 - I've pushed an update to your respective devices. You'll need to reboot at your side to apply it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@J_J_C @magst3 & @stu1892 - I've applied an update to your routers too, although I'm not convinced you're looking at the same issue based on the symptoms you're describing.

@duds wrote:

When the .273 update was installed everything seemed rosy, but after a few days the now familiar 'resolving address' appeared in the status bar of the browser. I hadn't enabled Wifi yet.

Definitely not related if you're experiencing issues with wired connections. The 'resolving address' observation makes me think you might be running into this.

@bikeman wrote:

@bobpullen Is this adhoc rollout of firmware the best use of your time?

If you want to do something useful, revert us all to the previous working version and pass this to the hub manufacturer.

I've already responded to these points here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

danxlator

thanks Bob! Can you DM the best settings to set up the Netgear router I mentioned if I ever need it if you get a chance? Thanks

Mabuse

@bobpullen thank you!
Caveman18
Hooked

Thanks Bob

Tags (1)
Iandfisher
Rising Star

It's not been 8 months, it's been at least 17 months since the 263 update which caused the problems. I bought the BT Home Hub - used my own money, time and resources. That has solved the problem. I'm out of contract in Nov so I'm off to somewhere that isn't still supplying faulty routers with a known fault to new customers.
Hfcsteve

I was suffering frequent dropouts and pushing .273 a couple of months ago seemed to do the trick.
Until now.
Our connection seems worse than ever.
I have another Plusnet one router. Is there merit in using that instead? Our current router makes a hissing noise and gets quite warm. If so, how do I go about replacing it?
Or should I get another (non Plusnet) router?
Or are there some other simple checks I should be doing???
stu1892
Grafter

Thanks @bobpullen .

Worth a shot, i guess.

Cheers

Surfer
Grafter

I am on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263. This is the configuration for the 2.4GHZ.

2.4 GHz Wireless: Galaxy-A10 0c:2f:b0:b7:69:0c 192.168.1.65  
  EPSON60864C a4:ee:57:60:86:4c 192.168.1.69  
  udhcp-1-28-3-10-a... 10:ae:60:df:3a:d7 192.168.1.68  
  amazon-2727ab456 40:a2:db:b9:84:9f 192.168.1.70  
  LGwebOSTV 44:cb:8b:44:1f:0e 192.168.1.73  

For 5Ghz there is an Amazon Firestick on the main TV in the same room as the router.  It is also connected using an Ethernet connection.  Unfortunately we need the Firestick for the Disney channel.

5 GHz Wireless: amazon-469871bdf 1c:fe:2b:23:15:83 192.168.1.76

Our main issue is with the new LG TV in the conservatory which is less than 10 metres from the router.  There is one dry wall inbetween.  The signal to the LG TV keeps dropping out and you get the little circle going round and round, then a bit of TV and the circle again.  It does this randomly.

The other thing that we have noticed is that the Firestick in the bedroom also has intermittent issues with a signal and that TV is nearer to the router although there is a dry wall inbetween. 

We also have a Samsung S10 and a Samsung A10 phone.  They both have to be in the same room as the router to work on wifi.  Going into the next room, no wifi even though the phone is less than 4m away in the next room.  Both phones utilise the 2.4Ghx frequency however the S10 does not appear to be recognised for some reason and does not show up on the list above, but we can connect using Whatsapp etc.

Previously we had a BT Smart hub and had no issues with wifi which could be received at the bottom of the garden.  Why are we having issues with the wifi element of the router?  Very occasionally when using the app via Ethernet, we get the circle going around and around before it loads anything. 

Can any one give us any advice?  I think the router is about 18 months old as cannot remember when I rejoined PLusnet.  Thanks for any advice.

Breeze77

@bobpullen 

I'm having the same issues as everyone on this thread.  5g has been cutting in and out since Wednesday. Broadband died completely Thursday and came back even worse.

Symptoms match everything in your initial thread.  If there is a firmware fix please can i have it?

Like everyone else, we need the 5g more so now we are working from home.

Thanks

(apologies for hijacking someone elses comment, couldnt see an option to just on a new comment #newbie)

Happyhiker
Hooked

I’ve been having 5ghz issues for ages and finally found this thread. Please can I have the latest firmware too. And why o why don’t you just roll it out to everyone ?

dpreece92

Hi, 

Could you update my router with the latest firmware please? I've been having this issue for months with all devices being kicked off the network and devices when switched on and off not automatically connecting. Typically showing "authentication error". 

In addition, none of my devices are able to connect to the 5ghz channel despite having capability. But that could be a separate issue. 

4.7.5.1.83.8.263 - current firmware installed. 

Thank you.

Mark70

Hi Bob,

I'm a bit late to the party, but I am also experiencing this problem. Approximately every 5 days or so the 5GHz Wifi causes problems and my WiFi devices just cannot connect to the 5GHz signal. I have split the 2.4 and 5GHz signals and I never seem to get an issues with the 2.4GHz signal.

Rebooting the router always fixes the problem with the 5GHz signal.

I telephoned Plustnet support today regarding this problem because I have finally got fed-up of keep rebooting the router, but I was told there is no firmware update for this!!!

My current firmware is: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 22/10/19

If there is a firmware update available that does seem to reliably fix the problem, then please can you update the router with this. However, if this latest firmware is a bit hit and miss, then I'd rather leave it for now. As I'm working from home I cannot afford for the router to be out of action.

Surfer
Grafter

I was with BT previously and although I experienced drop outs from time to time at no time did the wifi simply disappear to reappear later.  Hopefully we will get some sort of response as we are paying for a service that is not happening.