Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Elpam

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen 

Thanks for sending the update on Monday. Just got home and rebooted the router. All seems fine so far. I will let you know how it performs over the next few weeks. 

J_J_C

Hello @bobpullen,

I’ve been having these issues as described where WiFi/connection keeps dropping multiple times per day for about a year and it's driving us mad..

Router/Firmware details:  Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 07/03/19 .

Please can you push the update out to us as well as any fix has to be better than the wifi dropping out so regularly.

With many thanks

Nick

joanneoakley

@bobpullen

Thanks for that, I'll see how it goes.

magst3

Hello @bobpullen,

I'm having exactly the same issues with WiFi dropping out. We changed to fibre after lockdown and it all worked fine until about a month ago. I've tried rebooting and manually changing channels. It's sometimes ok for a day and then all starts again. We were sent a new router last week and it worked fine for about 4 days but now it's just as bad as before. The only device that seems to be able to connect reliably is our smart TV. I use Ethernet for our PC and there is no problem with the internet. I've tried splitting the 5GHz off and renaming it but that doesn't seem to help. The router software is Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown. Can I be sent the software update?

Dougrattray

@bobpullen

I've been having the 5gGHz issues. Firmware ending in .263

Nothing will stay connected to the 5GHz band for more than a day after which it won't authenticate.

Could I please have the firmware update. Thanks so much for your help!
tcoombs2101
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I'm also having random disconnect issues with 5GHz. My Router is also on build .263.

Could you also update my Router to the latest software?

Thanks 

bikeman
Dabbler

@bobpullen Is this adhoc rollout of firmware the best use of your time?

If you want to do something useful, revert us all to the previous working version and pass this to the hub manufacturer.

stu1892
Grafter

Hi.

I seem to be ticking boxes with this.  Posted here today, before seeing this thread.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating and concerning as it means my work VPN drops for a number of minutes multiple times per day.  Not to mention remote connections to servers i'm working on and the like.

This is STILL happening with 5ghz disabled, using only a 2.4gh connection

I'd be open to trying some form of firmware update.  My contract is up in 10 days and this may be the straw that broke the camel's back given that i'm working from home indefinitely now.  Would it be easier if i just bought a BT Smart Hub?

Thanks in advance!

Mabuse

Hi @bobpullen

We've had plus net for a couple of weeks and have had this issue from the start. We have firmware .263

Could you send us the update please?
Thanks
waveyduk

We've had plus net for a couple of weeks and have had this issue from the start. We have firmware .263

Could you send us the update please?
Thanks

damoncross

Hi @bobpullen,
Please can you update the firmware on my router with the fix for this problem.
Thank you.
danxlator

I just noticed this issue on my network. I'm a relatively new customer having switched to Plusnet in June. I was a bit sceptical about the Hub One, but have been pleasantly surprised by it. I haven't noticed any major problems until today when I suddenly discovered all my wirelessly connected devices were reporting they had no Internet connection. Specifically, that's my:

• iPhone SE2
  • Toshiba Satellite Laptop
  • Microsoft Surface Go

My PC is connected via ethernet and showed no problems so I searched online and found this thread. I followed the steps to disable 5GHz and all the above-mentioned devices can now connect again. 

I noticed the problem after I had been playing 8-Ball Pool by Miniclip on my iPhone. Often during a game, it says 'Connection Lost, reconnecting...' or something to that effect, but this time, it wouldn't reconnect. I just put it down to their poor servers, but now realise the 5GHz must have stopped working. 

I haven't restarted the router yet, as I don't want my line to be flagged as unstable. However, I do have a Netgear AC1600 router I recently bought when my previous provider's router stopped working. I'm willing to switch to it, but when I tried setting it up last time using Plusnet's login details, it couldn't establish a connection. Maybe someone could help me do so?

HKafemanPC
Dabbler

@bobpullen et al

One thing I do not understand in all this, is why some people have started having ussues with 5GHz WiFi after they have had (e.g.) version 263 for many months without the issue, me included?

Thanks

Henry

paul_edwin
Grafter

@HKafemanPC wrote:

One thing I do not understand in all this, is why some people have started having ussues with 5GHz WiFi after they have had (e.g.) version 263 for many months without the issue, me included?

Increased usage due to working from home?

I'd certainly noticed it previously, but not so often that I'd noticed a pattern, and it was always cured by rebooting the router and shrugging.

Working from home every day, rather than just occasionally, meant it became much more frequent and thus noticeable, to the point that I was eventually motivated to search and found this thread …

Over 11 weeks on .273 now without seeing a recurrence of the issue. 🤞

dobbo78

So more than 8 months later and we still have broken routers,  and apparently the only way to get them fixed is to beg on here for them to be updated manually.

So on that note,  please can I have my router updated?