Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
maddan69
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

@androidtanmay 

Yes, it is rebooting daily around midnight (much to my son's annoyance as it kicks him out of Overwatch!!).

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@rkhazelwood
It is the password you use to log into your PN account.
You need to make sure it doesn't contain 'special' characters otherwise the HH6 won't accept it. If it does you need to change it on your PN account first.
If you changed it before on your account when your Hub One was connected it would have got changed automatically on the router I believe.
maddan69
Hooked

@Routefinder 

I'm with PN for phone and BB.  

I just switched the cable to the new BT router, added my PN user details and connected.  Then just switched over the wifi details to match my PN router details (to save setting up the wifi across our 13 devices!) and that was it.  

The BT router does seem to have a life of it's own, with firmware downloads and nightly reboots (none of which we have any control over), but I'm on day 5 with it and it's definitely so much better across the board on stability/throughput.

Hope this helps.

Martin 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@globey wrote:
Since disabling 5GHz, while it has been noticeably slower, I've had no issues with my Chromecast dropping off the network and (it may be coincidence but..) no "Watchdog reset" reboots for 3 weeks (the longest since it started to happen in February) - previously I'd be getting them every few days.

I would expect the 2.4GHz channel to be slower due to the longer wavelength. Keep an eye on those watchdog resets though as they can be indicative of a hardware failure (possibly one related to the 5GHz radio).

@NZWZ10 wrote:

@bobpullen I have had this issue with my 5GHz wifi for as long as i can remember. Can you please push the .273 firmware update to my router?

That's been done for you. You'll need to reboot to apply the update.

@j-d-b wrote:

Hi, I'm having problems keeping a stable 5ghz connection to my new laptop, I usually get 38mbs but often only shows at 1.5mbs. Other devices seem fine on 2.4ghz. I understand a firmware update may help?

I'm not convinced it will. The issue being discussed here is highlighted in the opening post. Symptoms tend to be a complete loss of connectivity on the 5GHz network, or inability to connect to it, rather than a deterioration in speed. At the time of writing, one of the devices connected to your 5GHz radio has a pretty weak signal (the non-Google device).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ordys

@bobpullen Hi there, we have been having this issue with the 5GHz band on our Plusnet One router.

It is great that you are helping so many of us! Any chance you could push the firmware update to my router? 

Thank you SO much for your time and efforts with this, it has been such a frustrating issue with the wifi!

Ordys

Noakesgp

Hi, have recently started having this issue with the 5Ghz losing internet connection. Would you be able to push the firmware update to my router please? Many thanks. Gareth.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Ordys & @Noakesgp - both done. You'll need to power off/back on at your convenience to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Bernard-Shakey
Dabbler

@bobpullen 

Yes, i have checked, and I am on the upgraded firmware. Although I'm not working from home, I don't really want to dismantle the system and to put it back together again - unless it is critical to your case building. It's working now, and that is all I care about. Thanks for your help nevertheless.

regards

Dave.

@Bernard-Shakey wrote:
@bobpullen 
I have had the 273 for a while now. I separated the signals, not because I knew what to do but more because others had done it before me, some with a modicum of success. 

It started off OK, but then the issues with incorrect passwords (ipad) and either not seeing the 5 gh signal, or not being able to conect to it (note 9 and galaxy s8) arose again. 

I installed a TP Link deco m5 system in the house last week, and have subsequently switched off the WiFi signal on the hub1 router. So far, so good.

Concerning that you continued to experience problems. Your router correctly reports that it's on the .273 build I assume? Not sure there's much we can do to investigate whilst the Deco is in use.

McPreston

I could give a long tale of woe and frustration at the 5GHz, but will simply request that I also  have the .273 update pushed to my router, @bobpullen

Noakesgp

@bobpullen, wow that was quick. Many thanks. Now to give it a go and hopefully will sort the issue.
Thanks again.
FionaC
Fixes: 1

Hi  - come to the forum tonight as also having similiar issues with wifi - much worse over the last week for no obvious reason.  My current firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 11/03/19.  Any chance @bobpullen I could get a firmware update pushed out to my router?

Thanks 

Smiley

androidtanmay
Grafter

@maddan69

Yes it is extremely annoying. Let me know if you find a fix for it. I have been looking but unable to find a fix so far.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@McPreston & @FionaC - both done. As with others, you'll need to power off/back on to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jamestapp
Dabbler

Hi,

I switched to the hh6 and I now have 5ghz ok but I do get the odd drop out of the router.... Nothing for weeks and then it will drop for a few minutes and come back. Not a big problem but the hub 1 was rock solid in that respect, and I have not seen a performance increase with the hh6... Except for the ability to use 5ghz.

Regards,
James
Beardo

@bobpullen looks like you're doing a stellar job with a very long and painful issue. I've just discovered this thread and am experiencing the same problems - unable to connect to the separated 5ghz network using the same password as the 2.4ghz one.

When you next do a batch, could you kindly push the latest updated firmware to my rooter please? Sounds like it will solve the problem (and sounds like it might be good to push this update out more widely!) Thank you.