Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Error_404

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen,

Thank you for the update : Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 | Last updated 18/06/20

This is an improvement but there are still issues.

Sony TV, PC3 and Sky Q box will not connect to 5GHz via Ethernet or Wi-Fi; unable to connect to network.

There are continuous dropout issues from the router.

Reconnecting PC4 and Tablet after dropout takes a long time, need to keep continually trying reestablish connection.

Sometimes will connect but No Internet" and then fail connection again.

Router continues to display Blue light.

Any advice/ideas appreciated.

thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Error_404 wrote:

Sony TV, PC3 and Sky Q box will not connect to 5GHz via Ethernet or Wi-Fi; unable to connect to network.

Not sure what you mean? They won't connect to the 5GHz Wi-Fi network, or via ethernet cable? SOmething else is going on if that's the case. Are they able to connect tot he 2GHz Wi-Fi?

Your line is dropping sync with the local cabinet. Unless this is you rebooting the router (grey bars), then you have an issue with your Internet connectivity that is completely unrelated to Wi-Fi.

Annotation 2020-06-19 135521.png

For the Wi-Fi devices you're struggling to reconnect, I would suggest completely removing/forgetting the Wi-Fi connection on the associated devices and configuring from fresh.

@hurdygurdy an update has been pushed to your router. Please reboot it to apply the changes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

simoncrnfrth
Dabbler

@bobpullen

Wifi connectivity has been perfect but the router has been doing odd reconnection of DSL services. Line of thought, if it was the router, wouldn't the 0x3 issue happened sooner? With the potential Hardware fault now, my router is also hisses when being worked hard and the buggy firmware I have decided to purchase a modem router and take the plusnet router out of use. Cheers for all your help in the past 👍

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@simoncrnfrth no worries. Thanks for flagging the issues you've had. Happy to replace the Hub One if you ever need it?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Shmeker
Dabbler

Hi,
This is a good update. 7 months on and this issue still isn't resolved. Is this ever going to be fixed?
My router firmware is. 263, would a downgrade fix the problem with the 5ghz constantly dropping?
Thanks
RM79
Dabbler

Having @bobpullen push .273 out has (fingers crossed) resolved the issue of my router dropping the 5ghz connection so maybe the same is needed here
Chappers2000
Hooked

Hi there,
Just joining the conversation here. Started using my Plusnet router fully as of yesterday. For the last 4 months I had been using it with a second router via power line adapters as I was having ground floor renovations done and didn't want all my equipment getting messed up.
Now I am using exclusively the Plusnet router and I have immediately faced this 5Ghz issue which is what brought me here.
Is the new firmware going to fix this issue, and if so when can I have it, as the stalling 5Ghz network is already causing me massive headaches?
If it helps, in my router event logs it shows a long string of association/disassociation lines to do with my various Google Home mini devices. There are also a whole bunch of "Remote Administration" events that look to have happened or tried to happen overnight.
RM79
Dabbler

Speaking from experience I can say that it's been 1 week of no (fingers crossed) 5ghz issues for me since having .273 pushed out to my router. Hopefully @bobpullen will be along and push the firmware out to yours for you 👍
Error_404

Hi @bobpullen,

Not sure what you mean? They won't connect to the 5GHz Wi-Fi network, or via ethernet cable? SOmething else is going on if that's the case. Are they able to connect tot he 2GHz Wi-Fi?"

Sony TV (+others) will NOT connect to the 5GHz wifi, I have tried to connect using the following connections i)Wifi, and ii)WPS, none of these will connect. They all are able to connect to the 2GHz. with WiFi. Equipment connected fine to 5GHz with previous Broadband supplier.

*Was trying to connect to the 5GHz wifi while the Ethernet was conneced, made no difference.

This is while the router is still on with the Blue light, on the 2GHz network. This is less than before the update but still happens occcasionally.

Today it seems it's back to square one. the update seem to have worked for a while but again none of the PCs are able to connect to the 5GHz.. Error Message - Unable to connect to this Network.

Blackadda1

I have had the 5ghz turned off ever since I got my hub as it never worked. Is there a way to force the firmware update on my router so I can finally experience the joy of 5ghz?
RM79
Dabbler

@bobpullen is your man for this he should be able to sort you out 😁
Chappers2000
Hooked

Thanks for the heads-up. So whilst those of us who are new to this issue are waiting for @bobpullen to get in touch, is the general consensus that the 263 firmware we have by default is problematic, 273 firmware appears to stabilise things on 5Ghz connection but may lead to follow-on issues further down the line, and 280 is the newest one out in test but hasn't been in test long enough to give conclusive results? I hope there is a solution soon so I can avoid having to purchase my own replacement modem.
RM79
Dabbler

I was on .263 and since having .273 pushed out to my router a week ago I have had no (fingers crossed, touch wood etc) 5ghz issues 😁👍
miyuu

Hello,

I am adding myself to the pile of users who cannot connect to the 5Ghz network. It has been broken for months now (at first I thought it was because I moved house, until I found this thread), originally it was working on and off, but now absolutely none of my devices can connect to the 5Ghz network. They can find the network, but all of them just say they're no internet. Luckily 2.4 still works, but I added the 5Ghz after advice from customer support back in early 2019 because it was causing some issues (if I recall it was because I had too many devices, which sadly is even more true now)

I am using a powerline adapter (all plugged into main sockets), but tried disconnecting it and the problem still occurs. Both networks are set to auto channels and I have disable the "Sync with 2.4 GHz" option. I also have two separate network names, and my powerline has been set to copy the router's ID, so I am connecting to it using the same SSID and password as I would without the adapter.

I am sorry I haven't looked through all the 55 pages on here, has a fix been found yet? Or at least a slightly more stable version of the firmware that I could revert/upgrade to?

Iandfisher
Rising Star

I can't wait to leave the 'BT family' in December. I got fed up with the PN hub issues which affected me as far back as March 2019. I bought a BT HH6A late last year and all my problems were solved. However, the was a BT HH6A firmware update on 2 April 2020 which has halfed the download speed and hugely increased the line attenuation (whatever that means). I can't look to BT for support as I'm a PN customer and I can't go to PN because I'm not using their hub. Rock and a hard place? PN should have just removed the faulty hub and replaced it with BT HH6B or better.